Privateer Standing Up

I hear AX gives IOU’s at the payout window from time to time.
What?? Bad night at the gate?

Arenacross Class Purse: Arenacross Class Purse:

Friday / Saturday Events = $14,760

1st $2000 9th $250

2nd $1250 10th $200

3rd $750 11th $180

4th $500 12th $170

5th $450 13th $160

6th $400 14th $150

7th $350 15th $140

8th $300 16th $130

$50 registration fee, and all the other expenses, no one is getting rich as a privateer without a salary racing arenacross.

And there expenses are well over 24k a year. Thats the point silly, you dont have to pay for the way you make your money every day. Without heavy duty sponsorship these guys wouldnt have a chance.

They pay for (depending on the rider)

Bikes
Parts
Gear
Training
Transport (massive esxpense)
Logistics
Hotel
Mechanic
Entry fees
AMA membership (worthless shown by Alex's comments)

Isn't that the truth. It isn't a "career" like a normal career where you actually get paid well if you do something well.

The tide is a turning, and I hear a lot of rumblings from the guys at Club. Oh yeah, that last race the guys raced THREE times for the same money, and didn't pay anyone from 23-40. So did Feld bank that money, cause they gave Tomac just $12,000 like a one moto deal?

Privateers are really pissed. Elite guys are pissed also, racing more and getting paid the same.

And yes, I know Jessi is a ex ClubMX standout so he has close ties to the guys there.....

I kept track in 2003 when I was trying the outdoor nationals I went to 4 of them and with expenses and bikes for the year I spent $46,000 dollars never kept track again otherwise I would quit
I would like to see that break down. I’m sure you weren’t roughing it. 46k seems a little crazy unless you bought 6 or 7 new bikes that year.

My brother, at 48, still races an occasional national or GP. You guys know that the pay from 1994 for the nationals is still the same?? 24 years and no raise.

The entry fees sure have risen though.....

The difference is that Camel was in it in the 90s. Flat track is even worse, at least the top moto guys get big sponsorship packages. Big tobacco has the money to spend, they just aren't spending it anymore because partially they don't want to and partially because no one wants them.

Feld isn't a public company, double edged sword as they have no obligation to maximize profits for shareholders (meaning they could fix this problem if they wanted, if they were public it would be hard for to convince stock holders to payout more money than they have to) but that also means it would pull money out of their own pocket to do so, and who wants to do that? Half this group complains about $40 membership fees and are now trying to tell a similar, albeit larger, company that they should do more with their money.

If I ran feld, why would I pay more if guys are still showing up to race ? I wouldn’t. Next batch of dreamers will fill the gates. Hard place to be in as a racer. And Every 10 years you got all new faces on the gate for the cycle to repeat itself. Why change ?

I would like to see that break down. I’m sure you weren’t roughing it. 46k seems a little crazy unless you bought 6 or 7 new bikes that year.
4 bikes motor was fresh before every round tires fuel and that was all if the cost for the year not just going to the nationals

They are turning the sport into NASCAR. And NASCAR sucks.

Pretty soon there will be no privateer Only favorites and kids of other racers on teams

Pretty soon they'll start a competition yellow. Just a bunch the filled up at the halfway point.

Back