Roczen maybe out??

hershey

PR Elite
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.... this is what he does .. does well a few rounds gets cocky then LAWN DART! Also I’ll have to disagree with the work ethic. Remember, Bakers program was “ to hard “ for the golden boy.

He won’t make it through the season

No, that was never his excuse. What his major complaint with Baker was the diet. More so the lack of food, he said he was always fatigued. Watch his workouts, he is anything but afraid of work! The proof is in his current results, that takes work and dedication to come back at all let alone near the top in only a few weeks.

I could be wrong but I dont think his crashes have been through careless riding as much as flukes. But you're right, time will tell. I hope he does well, it makes for exciting races!

I have to agree with MXFreedom.

Hater

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
No, that was never his excuse. What his major complaint with Baker was the diet. More so the lack of food, he said he was always fatigued. Watch his workouts, he is anything but afraid of work! The proof is in his current results, that takes work and dedication to come back at all let alone near the top in only a few weeks.

I could be wrong but I dont think his crashes have been through careless riding as much as flukes. But you're right, time will tell. I hope he does well, it makes for exciting races!

Hater

It being too hard literally came from his mouth in an interview.

hershey

PR Elite
It being too hard literally came from his mouth in an interview.

I haven't seen that one. I read an article about all of it and that was his claim at that point. But his results should be proof enough that he is a hard worker. A couple bad crashed doesn't make a riders career. He has been up front and won titles handily since leaving Baker. You simply can't do that without dedication.

John250

PR Founding Father
He also drank colds coors light with that pizza.
You talking about me or Roczen now?

All those guys are on a totally different level. Their "slacking" is a routine none of us could probably handle.

Bubba I heard is coming back for another Lorettas title. He said if RC and Mike Brown could do it, he was going to do it too. But then Alta didn't get approved to race LL, so now he's out till next year.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Didn’t he literally quit Baker, start eating pizza and win an outdoor title? Or am I off on the time sequence.

Ken Roczen, his training partner, chimes in with, “It’s cause for the first time you’re working with a trainer that actually knows what he’s doing.”

Burn, baby, burn. That’s another shot from Roczen toward Aldon Baker, the trainer Roczen and Cianciarulo used to work with. Kenny hasn’t missed many opportunities to rub in his post-Baker success, and with good reason: when he left Baker, he was immediately criticized by many as making an either dumb, or lazy, move. As fate would have it, Roczen parted with Baker while holding the 2015 Monster Energy Supercross points lead, then just days later, tried to jump a triple from the inside line at the Oakland Supercross and cased it spectacularly. He hurt his ankle, and thus began a downward spiral in results that he really never pulled out of all season long. He was soon out of supercross with the ankle problem, and couldn’t get his bike working right in Lucas Oil Pro Motocross, which led to some more drama.

Ahem, meanwhile, Ryan Dungey—who took Roczen’s spot with Baker—took both 450 titles that year, indoors and out. Dungey was already a proven champion, so it’s not like Baker worked miracles on some dude off the street, but Dungey has seemed to ride, act, and generally perform better since joining Baker’s program. The Baker’s Factory has certainly worked for him. That’s a key point, as then evidenced by our own David Pingree, who jumped into the Instagram fray with:

“So the rider who handled you in supercross the past two seasons is working with a trainer that doesn’t know what he’s doing? Interesting.”

I’ll just leave this here.

ohiowildman939

PR Member
Well he did win the outdoor title in 2016 so I was off by one season. I haven’t always been a fan of his attitude in years past but I think he’s grown up some now and there’s no way anyone should question that dudes work ethic. With the injuries he’s sustained in the last year, 99% of people would’ve given up. This dude is already back on the podium. Screw it. Go Kenny go.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Him crashing on a triple has nothing to do with him leaving bakers squad.

Racing injured against dungey....hard to beat that.

So not sure how his bad luck can be related to leaving baker.....

Roczen: “My legs are fatigued”
Baker: you know what we call that ?
Roczen: tired?
Baker: “lazy”
Roczen: I’ll show you lazy. Bye Felicia.

Quotes are actual. The last comment I made up.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Him crashing on a triple has nothing to do with him leaving bakers squad.

Racing injured against dungey....hard to beat that.

So not sure how his bad luck can be related to leaving baker.....

Roczen: “My legs are fatigued”
Baker: you know what we call that ?
Roczen: tired?
Baker: “lazy”
Roczen: I’ll show you lazy. Bye Felicia.

Quotes are actual. The last comment I made up.

Kids a cocky, arrogant Mr. KnowIAll. There’s a reason Dungey is already retired with multiple titles and Roczen can’t keep it together..

Hard work beats talent any day of the week.

hershey

PR Elite
Kids a cocky, arrogant Mr. KnowIAll. There’s a reason Dungey is already retired with multiple titles and Roczen can’t keep it together..

No offense but Dungey is the epitome of arrogant.

Other than that, I'll agree to disagree with you on Roczen. I'm just glad he is back in the mid giving us good racing !

shaffstall721

PR Member

Get Dungeys balls out your mouth.

Roczen kicked his ass his rookie year on the same bike.

As far as the Baker program goes, Roczen said he felt drained by the end of the year and the fun was taken out of riding.

He did just fine in 2016 without Aldon.

Dungey has never been the fastest, just the most consistent.

Look at his nations results--sub-par to say the least.

Roczen>Dungey