Snowmobiles?

Man I used to. Loved it. Still miss it but quite a few years ago I got tired of paying for a $7000 sled to ride it twice a year. Been all over upper and lower Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Vermont , Maine and Quebec.

thats one thing i havent gave into yet. theres just not enough season for it. i already have a motorcycle i ride twice a year and a jet ski that i ride once or twice a year.. i dont need another once or twice a year toy. i can think of maybe 10 days it would have been good conditions to ride locally... if that.

if im going to load up and drive 4 hrs to NY or farther up to MI to ride a sled, I'd rather drive 7 hrs to NC and ride my dirt bike.

My family all rode for years. We sold our sleds for the same reasons. No snow here. Got to the point where we could not make the 7 hour trip to where we went in Michigan 4 or 5 times a year anymore. Life's just too busy. Plus Michigan had some pretty lean years on snow also.

It is so much fun though. I bet I had as much fun on sleds as I do on motorcycles. You can actually puck up slightly used sleds for some great prices. Friend of mine that rides MX just did that and does not have that much invested. Or if your gonna ride once a year, just go rent one for the weekend....but you know, that's not like having your own. He'll, there for a while after some lean years in Michigan, there were a couple large dealers that had tons of sleds 2 and 3 years old in crates still you could pick up for great prices. Sleds are now $10 to $14k for what I would want to ride if you buy new.

My son keeps saying dad let's get some sleds, and mom says no, no, no, no.

I plan on picking up one that suits my style a little better than what we have. I'll find a deal and just keep it forever. I had a blast in the UP.

Back