John Penton 50th Anniversary

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I was just at KTM in Amherst where they had the John Penton 50th anniversary. It was in 1968 they got their first bikes from Austria. John Penton was there. All 3 of his son's, plenty of old Penton motorcycles, a house full of old gray haired racers from the past. We got to tour KTM facilities, very impressive. In our tour group was JP's niece. She had so many stories and how she remembered the first shop was a tiny little building and now a world wide company. The old bikes were amazing. So small and light looking compared to what others were riding at the time. I think the party is Sunday as well. Go if you have time.

John250

PR Founding Father
The pentons were friends with a couple of our friends. We had the opportunity to ride with them a few different weekends in Tennessee in the 80s.

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I remember watching and racing against some of their group at Meadowlarks and Smith Road back in the day. They were good riders but had a hard time against the newer faster Jap bikes of the day at MX. They still won plenty though. They could kill it in the woods.