New Racing Opportunities with AHRMA Great Lakes Region

Mike

PR Addict
We have reconfigured our classes to make it attractive to more racers this year.

We run the traditional AHRMA vintage and Post Vintage Classes.

And the new AHRMA National “Pre Modern Class” basically front disk/rear drum.

And two unique classes for us.

First new class is from Pre Modern to 1996.

And 1997 to 2018, both are 2 stroke only, big wheel classes.

Also, two ways to race with us this year. If you are an AHRMA member or wish to join you will be part of the season long point race and year end awards. If you are a casual rider you can race without an AHRMA membership for the same $30 entry only, but no season points. 18 years and older based on the insurance with AHRMA. Most of our events will have other support classes, up to 450F’s.

And 5K + of giveaway items from Race Tech, Pivot Works, Twin Air, Competitive Motorsports, a free Clarke tank and compete set of plastic from Nightmare racing, and tons of swag. Going to be a fun year.

Great schedule,

https://www.ahrmagl.org/schedule/?ccm_paging_p_b1655=2

Last edited:
96 RM army !!!!
DB45495A-916F-412A-8370-C543E38E396D.jpeg

Bring it, really think this is a game changer, fun safe tracks, recent to modern 2 strokes, 6 race series, and I can ride my 04 YZ250

Assuming this goes for Cross Country too?
That's a good question, I have focused on growing MX, need to talk to fellow organizers and get back to you, I'm not a cc guy so a bit outside my knowledge.

That's a good question, I have focused on growing MX, need to talk to fellow organizers and get back to you, I'm not a cc guy so a bit outside my knowledge.
Thanks Mike. New venues for my decade bikes would suit me fine. With years of GP racing, that's really more my thing now.
2017-08-17 20.42.34.jpg

And up to '96 would give me incentive to repair this one, one more time.
2016-10-01 22.28.00.jpg

Now that AHRMA registration is automated and online, I can finally run # k0. I had been trying to do that for thirteen years until the system finally acquiesced last year.

So I can race without a Day membership or a regular ahrma membership?
Yes, multiple choices.

First join AHRMA and collect our region points for season awards.

Second just show up and race $30/class and have fun, no membership required

This applies for all 6 regionals, the Red Bud event is a National so slightly different, but they still have support classes with no membership required.

plenty of opportunities to get seat time...with the granddaddy of them all Red bud !!!!!
There prep last year was perfect dug up 3-4 inches instead of 8-10...was excellent racing all weekend long!!

AHRMA Great Lakes MX/CC Series 2018

6 regionals & RED BUD National ready to kick off out 3rd and best season yet.

AHRMA Vintage, Post Vintage, Pre- Modern & 2 season long support classes for both MX & CC.

1st support class is “MODERN TRANSITION” from Pre-Modern to 1997 & like design

2nd is CURRENT 2 STROKE” 1998 to current

Both are 2 stroke only, big wheel classes. We hope these classes will encourage people to bring their VMX/PV bike and then bring a later model. Discounted 2nd and additional classes. $30 1st class, $25 second, and $20 for any additional.

No memberships required. All classes qualify for GREAT LAKES Championship points and year end awards. If you are riding an AHRMA class, memberships are encouraged so that you can ride Red Bud/Unadilla and other Nationals.

We will have a draw for sponsors prizes at each event, have some nice things like Free Race Tech Gold Valves, $200 Race Teach discount cards, $100/$50/$25 Pivot Works gift cards, Competitive Motor Sport Discount certs., almost free Twin Air Filter certs. $10 Rocky Mountain Gas card for all riders, and a bunch of tee shirts and misc., swag to give away. Each rider gets a ticket at sign up.

Reactions: k01
1 week to the opening event of the AHRMA Great lakes season, spent some time at the track with Dano this weekend, all looks good for the event Saturday, even teh forecast looks sunny and warm.

Saddleback East, details for Saturday.

We have two purposely built tracks for Saturdays event and a nice 3 ½ mile CC loop. They have modified their big track by converting doubles to tabletops, built a new finish line, and created a nice track designed specifically for PV bikes, using their existing starting gate. For VMX they started with a natural terrain GP style single track and created a MX width track following the same natural terrain, it winds around a pond, through a meadow and has some nice elevation changes, might be the longest vintage track we ride all season. In true vintage style we are using a “rubber band” start. The CC loop starts on the VMX track and winds throughout the over 600-acre property.

The track and facility are built around using transponders, something we AHRMA guys have not used before. After much debate and push back from us they have created a “Deal” that makes this much more reasonable. The total cost to each rider will be $15 if you race one class, $12 if you race two classes and $8 if you race three or more. To offset most/all of this, you will receive a FREE LUNCH ticket worth $8. So, the net cost is $0/$4/$7 max.

We have over $1,500 of sponsors goodies to give away on Saturday to riders as well as $10 Rocky Mountain gift cards for all riders, and a second $10 card if you are a member or join AHRMA.

Mike, thank you.

I sure appreciate all the work you are putting in to give us riding opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Thanks to everybody at Saddleback East for round 1 of the AHRMA Great Lakes series. Lot of familiar faces, and a whole bunch of new friends. The Saddleback members were fantastic and made sure everybody had a great time. A great piece of property with 2 nice track layouts, diffidently need to learn the finer points of track prep, but this was their first time with us. Nice weather, an ambulance that never moved, just around 70 entries, awards for everyone, nice swag to give away.

On to Amherst Meadowlark on May 12th.

Back