Seattle SX

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Call it?!?!?!?!?!?! Shhhooot. Plessinger don’t even look like he knows it’s muddy out there.

My wife has beeen glued to the TV. Most interested she’s ever been in supercross. This is great. I bet ratings are all time high.
Yeah, I take all that back. I just watched the heat races Saturday night and had to catch up the rest Sunday evening when I got home. I know money, tv time, etc. would never let it be cancelled, but tough on the privateer more so than anyone. Was sweet watching AP and ET3 mop up making everyone else look like they were doing a parade lap, those with limited funds may not be making Minnesota. Did you notice in 450 LCQ all riders except Craig had same gear on they wore in heats?...

I agree though on safe. Barely anyone left the ground or went over 15mph. Sure, still could get hurt, but far less likely. My ass would be sleeping for a week after a race like that. Shows the conditioning these guys have. Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

D

DTS

Do any of you guys run evans coolant? I read some propaganda and I need to know some field results. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Engine ice for me. I like the blue because if there's ever any problem with it leaking in or out of anything, I can see and know exactly what it is. Even if it dries. I think Evans is clear-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wino

PR Member
So Reed finished the race because he made it past the OFFICIAL finish line...which is somewhere other than the top of the "finish jump"...& is unknown to us viewers and seemingly not exactly known to Chad Reed (judging from his post race interview). Is this all explained to the riders before the races? Or is it all part of the official SX rules? Does just the machine (or the portion of the machine with the transponder) have to cross the timing line to finish? It sure seemed like Chad's bike made it further than Chad did. Does anyone give a hoot? My local track just put in a transponder system and I don't think any of these scenarios have been officially ironed out. I had some really close finishes over the years and they were determined at the top of the jump...maybe not so anymore.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So Reed finished the race because he made it past the OFFICIAL finish line...which is somewhere other than the top of the "finish jump"...& is unknown to us viewers and seemingly not exactly known to Chad Reed (judging from his post race interview). Is this all explained to the riders before the races? Or is it all part of the official SX rules? Does just the machine (or the portion of the machine with the transponder) have to cross the timing line to finish? It sure seemed like Chad's bike made it further than Chad did. Does anyone give a hoot? My local track just put in a transponder system and I don't think any of these scenarios have been officially ironed out. I had some really close finishes over the years and they were determined at the top of the jump...maybe not so anymore.
Yeah, transponder era a little different. Remember at BC the line was at the bottom of the finish jump. Thinking at Chilitown or any other track as well. Guess I wasn't surprised although I was thinking he hadn't finished the race at first either. Was glad for 22.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So according to the rules the finish line is the timing loop which is suppose to be clearly marked. If you watch back the video you can see the tubing the line goes through which is in front of the tuff block at the base of the jump. The grey (er) area is when the transponder is not working up to technical reasons then the hand written scores take over. Their finish line is the top of the jump (or where ever identified as the finish) and not the timing loop. In the event of a close call or tie then the head flagger makes the call if not being covered by video.
My mother was a SX and national scorer for a decade. This was pre e-score. but the rider and machine had to fully cross the finish line to be officially scored.

Wino

PR Member
Yeah, transponder era a little different. Remember at BC the line was at the bottom of the finish jump. Thinking at Chilitown or any other track as well. Guess I wasn't surprised although I was thinking he hadn't finished the race at first either. Was glad for 22.

So other tracks do tell riders (or announce...or something) that the official transponder finish line is located at "X"...so all riders should know ahead of time (in theory). I don't remember hearing about where the timing line is at the transponder races I've attended, but it very well could have been announced & I didn't catch it. Thinking more about the local track I referred to (Sandusky Valley Riders), they installed a RF transponder system with the reader directly above the top of the finish line jump...so no problem or confusion there...transponder finish line = old finish line = top of jump.

MX099

PR Addict
Why does it matter where it is as long as it’s not after the flag? Your always thought race to the flag. If you do that it all works out.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
1984 Daytona Supercross finish between O'Mara and Johnson.
(Yes I know its the stone age) but a timing loop would have changed the outcome of one of the best finishes in racing history.
Now I am not saying remove e-score at all. It is better. But why not at the top of the jump? The rut at the bottom was MUCH deeper then at the top. Every lap of that race I was thinking "how deep do they bury that thing?" The rut was axel deep...

Tom

PR Elite
30715623_176916196297997_1771111583632588800_n.jpg