Malvern 2018! Amazing!!

Jon16

PR Founding Father
It's got 2 thumps up from me. I liked that it is slower and more technical now. For all of the people on FB complaining about there aren't any jumps, or big jumps, I sure didn't see a lot of people jumping everything. Even early in the day when the faces were fresh. If you would go run 30 min motos, you'd be in some good shape in no time there.

John250

PR Founding Father
Hey, i have opinions just like others. My personal opinion, why does every track in america think they need to be a sand track .

Malvern was a super fun track to me before. Great layout, fun jumps, and for a 48 year old guy with two blown disc in my back, not too terrible on my back. If its got as much sand as everyone is talking about, probably not going to be a track that wont be kind to me walking on monday just my opinion

Why does everyone get so damn butt hurt if peoplle have opinions? Dang, some like 5 guys and some like McDonalds everyone has an opinion. I said nothing bad about the track, only that I, me, would not probably like it as well.

pape718

PR Member
That's cuz you're making an opinion like the rest of the idiots before ever shown up at the place there isn't that much sand on there there's a little bit of sand some spots deeper to help keep the moisture in there with all the Shale dirt. Its not even about Malvern these track owners are putting a lot of money out of pocket and putting their livelihood on the line it's their business that you guys are on here bad mouthing which hurts business if you don't like a track go up and say to the owner face to face and let him know what you're not happy about it not get on here and post and bad mouth peoples business. Your affecting someone's livelihood and this just isnt aimed at you this is everybody that has negative if you dont like a track dont go back

John250

PR Founding Father
Guess I don't see where anyone's opinion about something hurts anything. If track owners get on here or any where else, at least they know what peoples opinions and thoughts are. I will try Malvern at the Battle race. Like I said, it was only MY opinion on what type tracks I like, no one else.

Racing with a jacked up back for years, I know what tracks I like and which I don't for simply the reason of walking standing up straight on Mondays. Malvern was a good one for me, BC is good too. I get to Red Bud or any other sandy, or extremely muddy tracks, and I might as well park the bike. One moto and I cant hardly walk.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
There are people that like sand and people that don't, people that like clay and people that don't, people that like ruts and people that don't, people that like mulch and people that don't, people that like all styles of tracks and people that don't. But really the best sign of a good track is patronage, if lots of people are riding there (no matter what the soil is) then it's probably a good track, OR the only track around. But since we are lucky in Ohio to have lots of tracks.............. the good ones get good turnouts.

Be happy we have places to ride people and learn how to ride in those soils or stuff that give you fits, it will make you better.

catchem

PR Member
I'm not defending pitbitch 250, cuz he wasn't there. In my opinion the track was funner/safer last year. Having the face of the jump right after turns make the jump extremely technical/hairy. The soft dirt added to that and I know that will improve. But hardly any of the a riders even made complete jumps let alone novices. I appreciate the effort you put into the track but I think in trying to make it safer it's actually more dangerous. That's not to say I didn't enjoy other aspects of the track. Liked the rhythm section, the chicane but wish you would have left many other jumps alone.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Your statement of a jump out of a turn is more dangerous is exactly opposite of the facts. If it is out of a turn the speeds will be lower so if you come up short going 15mph hurts much less then going 30 and coming up short.... or flat landing going 45.
More technical? Maybe. That is if you jump it. But no one forces anyone to jump anything. And with a jump out of a corner you will lose less time rolling it given the take off speeds are lower.
My one experience with the Vern last year I thought the track was fun. The video I watched of the new track looks fun as well. But I like sand so more the better.
But guys it a public forum. You like something? Post it. You don’t like something? Post it.

catchem

PR Member
When did they do a study that Jumps coming out of corners are safer. I missed that one. To be a fact you need evidence. hence me saying in my opinion.
Just trying to get you going for fun. Everyone has their own designs for the perfect track. I just liked last years more.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
When did they do a study that Jumps coming out of corners are safer. I missed that one. To be a fact you need evidence. hence me saying in my opinion.
Just trying to get you going for fun. Everyone has their own designs for the perfect track. I just liked last years more.
Ken Roczen right arm is the evidence of the study.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
He learned it on facebook. I know you hate me and the so called "experts" but Facebook had about 250 replies to the video posted thurs am. Weds evening about 8 of us rode there, not one of the Facebook keyboard warriors had been there yet either. Seems pitracer is far better than Facebook once again.
Wait a minute, there are many more of my expert kind in Facebook ? s**t I need to get one of those. And here all this time I’ve been Against Facebook.