Homemade Fantasy SX

bockscars

PR Member
So this season I through together my own fantasy league with a group of friends. I've been a commissioner for fantasy baseball and football over the last decade (loser, i know) and have just not been satisfied with the whole "just pick the top 5 riders every week like you're playing roulette" stuff.

So anyway, just wanted to share it with you because it turned out to add so much to watching the races from home.

The league was built for 6 teams (this way everyone doesn't just have all-stars from top to bottom, and besides its only fitting for 6 factory teams)

We did a snake draft where every other round goes in reverse order (so if you get the first pick of round 1, you get the last pick of round 2, etc.)

Each team consisted of 12 riders (I suggested everyone take four riders from the 450s, East and West but with the 250s sometimes hard to determine it wasn't a hard rule) and you start 2 450s and 2 250s each week.

Riders scored the same points for you that they score for themselves.

Team owners were able to trade riders (not really a SX thing, but a staple of fantasy sports) at any time, but were only allowed to change riders with unowned riders twice during the year, after Houston and after Tampa.

The only exception being if you don't have enough healthy riders to start 4, they were able to make an emergency pick-up of an unowned rider (either just for a one-time race or permanent change).

Those are pretty much the rules, it sounds like a lot, but other than those 2 weeks, you just have to worry about which 4 riders you are going to start every week. Instead of just focusing on and rearranging the same 5-7 riders every week with RMF, you could actually pick based on value, waiting as long as you can to take the guy you want without someone else taking him first. I took Chase Sexton as the 52nd pick and have rode him to the promised land. You can't really win a draft in the first round (but you can lose it in the first round), you win the draft with those mid-to-late picks that overachieve. Obviously with 450s having twice as many races, it was no surprise to see 10 of the top 12 full-time 450 riders and JMart riding a limited 450 schedule.

Anyway, this is super wordy already so I'll wrap it up. Here's the how the draft went. If anyone is interested in hearing more of how the league has played out or anything let me know. Or if you think this is the stupidest thing you've ever heard, that's cool too. I'm considering throwing around running an outdoor version as well and may need to fill a team or two if anyone would be interested!

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 10.37.00 AM.png