125cc All Star class added to 7 rounds of the Pro MX Nationals

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
MX Sports has announced that there will be a 6 round qualify series for the finale championship at the Ironman National for a 125cc 2 stroke All Star class this summer. Cool news!

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. (April 17, 2018) - The beloved sound of 2-stroke motorcycles will return to American motocross this summer as MX Sports Pro Racing has announced the introduction of the 125 All Star Series. This new support program will be featured at a total of seven rounds of the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, beginning with the season opening Hangtown Motocross Classic on May 19th.
The 125 All Star Series will consist of six qualifying rounds and a climactic finale at the season-ending Ironman National on August 25th. In addition to bookending the National schedule, this one-of-a-kind 2-stroke showcase will also visit Thunder Valley (June 2), High Point (June 16), The Wick 338 (June 30), Washougal (July 28), and Budds Creek (August 18). Each All Star event will feature a one-moto format, and will be contested during opening ceremonies at the designated Nationals.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Team MMR

PR Addict
"The 125 All Star Series is open to current production-based 125cc two-stroke machines, as well as non-current production models from the final three years of production for manufacturers who no longer produce 125cc models. To be eligible to compete, riders must be a minimum 16 years of age with an AMA skill classification of "B" or higher. Current and former AMA Pro Motocross-licensed riders are eligible to compete, so long as they are not participating in the professional classes at that event."

John250

PR Founding Father
I suggested something similar to this a couple years ago, only suggested it be for amateurs only. To me this is a great way for amateurs to show case their talent that does not involve the Loretta lynns process. It would be totally possible for some great B riders to come out and show their speed, and talent, and never race one qualifier, regional or LL race and get signed to a deal.

beenridin

PR Elite
MX Sports has announced that there will be a 6 round qualify series for the finale championship at the Ironman National for a 125cc 2 stroke All Star class this summer. Cool news!

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. (April 17, 2018) - The beloved sound of 2-stroke motorcycles will return to American motocross this summer as MX Sports Pro Racing has announced the introduction of the 125 All Star Series. This new support program will be featured at a total of seven rounds of the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, beginning with the season opening Hangtown Motocross Classic on May 19th.
The 125 All Star Series will consist of six qualifying rounds and a climactic finale at the season-ending Ironman National on August 25th. In addition to bookending the National schedule, this one-of-a-kind 2-stroke showcase will also visit Thunder Valley (June 2), High Point (June 16), The Wick 338 (June 30), Washougal (July 28), and Budds Creek (August 18). Each All Star event will feature a one-moto format, and will be contested during opening ceremonies at the designated Nationals.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
oh ya...two-strokes

Vet261

PR Addict
So can Knox race it? It says former Pro licensed racers are eligible, but also states you must be B classification or higher.....but he is a former pro who is now a C classified racer.... ;)

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So can Knox race it? It says former Pro licensed racers are eligible, but also states you must be B classification or higher.....but he is a former pro who is since he is now a C classified racer.... ;)
I don't have the graphics kit to quality as a C rider. Or Spoke condoms, covers... whatever those are

john lilly

PR Addict
I say they need a 2 stroke national race any cc... I say this because my son is now to heavy for a 125 and we need something big that is as fun as the 125!!!!

john lilly

PR Addict
Hes not a big as knox and was on a 15 year newer machine hes good on a 125 still. Matthew still rides his
Well, I sold the 125 and bought a KTM 250 2stroke and it has crazy power. We went to BC and he really struggled on the bike so I think we are going to have to tame the bike down a bit. At this point, I am questioning my decision to get away from the 125 bc he was way more comfortable on it and quite a bit faster. However, he hasn't spent any time on a bike since November so, I am also sure that played into his struggles this weekend. We are going to spend some time doing some practicing and see if we can get him comfortable again.

John250

PR Founding Father
250 2 strokes take some technique to ride fast for sure not sure i would want to go back after riding a 4 stroke.

Still riding the 250F too?

Matthew is struggling more than i thought to get used to his four stroke

john lilly

PR Addict
250 2 strokes take some technique to ride fast for sure not sure i would want to go back after riding a 4 stroke.

Still riding the 250F too?

Matthew is struggling more than i thought to get used to his four stroke
No 250 4 stroke, he didn’t like the engine brake so I sold it. Down to one bike and think that’s what I’m staying with.

ddmx488

PR Addict
Just catching thunder on YouTube. How has the AMA managed to market this so poorly that it can’t attract a 40 man gate of well qualified riders? Seems outrageous that these wouldn’t attract the best up and coming talent.