OIR pics and update

hershey

PR Elite
I had a great time, a real workout with the really rough and rutted track!! It was challenging and fun. The jumps are all safe and fun, some big, some small.

The prep was good and bad IMO but nothing that deserved criticism. The ONLY bad thing I will point out is one section leading to the front of the track. The old step up out of the horse shoe is now a down hill. Its WAY too steep and claimed some victims. One 85 rider left injured. Even after a mid day repair wasnt enough for it.

That being said, this was their first ride there, tweaks will be made Im sure and improve it will.

Thanks to the crew for all the work on the place, its fantastic! We will be back for sure. Im still sore today.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Shut up Smith. Thousands of times people went down that hill yesterday.

One kid is a Spode and wads it up.
Boo hoo
He was a Spode not a victim.

Track rocks

D

DTS

Ps: fix the PA system. Lower part of the pits had no idea there even was one. And also, the mini track was not broke into groups like advertised.

jfalat

PR Addict
Track was great yesterday..got very rutted and ruff..lots of acceleration and braking bumps. Old school motocross at its best..

hershey

PR Elite

Boo hoo

Track rocks

Really???? Even you said it was bad, you said you almost ate it! There were multiple people down in that section all day.

WTF is your problem lately ? I give the track an overall great rating and you pick out the only item I believe could use attention and hang on it? Get a life Sharc.

shaffstall721

PR Member
I don't think the issues with the track were from bad track prep, I think the new jump faces etc were somewhat sketchy from them just being built.

As far as the steep downhill goes, I liked it, made you slow the F down before you got to it. Big bumps and ruts going down it made it challenging too.

I am a sally tho, get sketched out with ruts in faces. Wont even hit a 20' double if there are ruts. lol

Loved riding OIR again, was great even tho I was sweating my ass off before I even rode a lap.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The prep was good and bad IMO but nothing that deserved criticism. The ONLY bad thing I will point out is one section leading to the front of the track. The old step up out of the horse shoe is now a down hill. Its WAY too steep and claimed some victims. One 85 rider left injured. Even after a mid day repair wasnt enough for it.
I'll say it again - shut up Smith
This guy sinks his heart & soul into something (for years).....and here you are.

Tough little section - sure
But.....a downhill. WAY Too steep. What?
How about.........maybe slowing down? Ya got brakes?

The little hill (yes, it's little) got super rough & bumpy = BIG FUN
And...it only got bumpy on the right side -(because everybody wanted to set up for the turn) yet the left side was smooth like a baby's butt.

What I said was, I almost ate it there because I forgot where I was on the track. (Spode mistake)
Certainty not because (like you believe) it was WAY too steep.

I came up on the hill, was going too fast and had to pin it. I ended up jumping down the whole thing (and still had time to grab the brakes after landing with plenty of room to veer off the track)

The track is AWESOME -!
Rock on Tim

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Ps: fix the PA system. Lower part of the pits had no idea there even was one. And also, the mini track was not broke into groups like advertised.

I was there before the the race, and they told us if it got crowded that they'd split it into groups. I think it was so hot that nobody really was going out for more than ten minutes at a time. I know the pit bike guys that were there were asked by Rob to watch out for the kids on 50's. As far as I know they all did. How'd your kids like the track? We had alot of fun racing on it for sure. It was nice after they reprepped it for us. The heat was blazing, so any water put down was gone in 20 minutes. --L*64

2THEMUD

PR Member

Boo hoo

"spode" wtf.. kid would probably lap the s**t out you marcthenark .. anyone cares my boy a tough MF and is A100. he wanted back on the track but it was my dissension not to let him go back out and just cut the loss for the day and be happy my boy wasn't a cripple. with that said track looked great just needs some fine tuning.

C Hudak

PR Addict
Glad to hear he is ok, that was the only part of the track that I told my boy to check up on. It will definitely be better next time, it was just soft at the bottom after they took the lip off of it.

kawi330

PR Member
Dont change steep downhill its completely fine and not dangerous at all. Its called doing a sight lap before you just open it up. Track was super fun rutted up so nice. Multiple lines every where. Whens the next one?

Rogers365

PR Addict

Boo hoo

"spode" wtf.. kid would probably lap the s**t out you marcthenark .. anyone cares my boy a tough MF and is A100. he wanted back on the track but it was my dissension not to let him go back out and just cut the loss for the day and be happy my boy wasn't a cripple. with that said track looked great just needs some fine tuning.

Does that make you feel pretty good about yourself Mark??

hershey

PR Elite
I'll say it again - shut up Smith
This guy sinks his heart & soul into something (for years).....and here you are.

Tough little section - sure
But.....a downhill. WAY Too steep. What?
How about.........maybe slowing down? Ya got brakes?

The little hill (yes, it's little) got super rough & bumpy = BIG FUN
And...it only got bumpy on the right side -(because everybody wanted to set up for the turn) yet the left side was smooth like a baby's butt.

What I said was, I almost ate it there because I forgot where I was on the track. (Spode mistake)
Certainty not because (like you believe) it was WAY too steep.

I came up on the hill, was going too fast and had to pin it. I ended up jumping down the whole thing (and still had time to grab the brakes after landing with plenty of room to veer off the track)

The track is AWESOME -!
Rock on Tim

So you are going to be rude simply because your opinion is different than mine? Did I bash any one? Did I call any one names? Your comment telling me to shut up and your need to call a young man ( who is a very good rider ) you dont know a spode shows that you believe any one who has a differing opinion than your own is inferior to you. How DARE anybody not think the same as YOU.

What makes your opinion have more value than mine, or anybody else? So lets put this into perspective....YOUR feelings were hurt by my opinion. Nobody from OIR, Tim included, has responded as though their feelings were hurt. As a matter of fact, they took the time to knock the hill down a bit that day. That would tell me they believed it was an area in need of attention too.

Since when does the amount of effort and or time a person puts into something make anything perfect? You mean to tell me that simply because I have poured my heart and soul into my business means I cant make any improvements to how we do our job or treat our customers? Im sure your company runs perfect and has no room for improvement? If your customers tell you they feel you could improve on your goods or services do you call them names??

If I remember correctly the young man said he hit a kicker just before the top of the hill and he couldnt get on the brakes. It wasnt his first lap by any means at all. Part of a track owners job, again IMO, is to weigh the dangers we face between rider error and possibilities for injury on the track. We all know the risk and its almost 100% rider. But as a track owner I would think if an obstacle or section poses a much higher risk for problems or injury they would be more likely to address it. And that was my only point. If not, I wouldnt have talked about what a great time we had and that we would be back for sure.

Your opinion and others like kawi330 and shaffstall above is that its fine. And thats perfectly acceptable, better yet, they are emotionally stable and didnt feel the need to call people names or degrade them. Get off your mile high horse Sharc. Your far worse than any "expert" on here that you love to call out any time your precious little feelings are hurt.

You are right, the track is awesome. And again I will thank the track crew for all the work.