WTB: CRF150R (bigwheel) or YZ125 for wife? Advice appreciated.

nitrofc

PR Addict
Hey everyone. I'm seeking some advice for a new bike for my wife. She currently rides a TTR-125L that has some BBR parts on it. She also has a Grom she rides on the street. She rides really well on both; however, I think it's time for a freshie, haha. She likes to ride the C track at the Cliff, but the TTR is too much of a turd. She feels she gets in the way when it's crowded out there. She also enjoys going to Wayne and riding the trails. So, I'm a little concerned about the 2 stroke hit of the 125 and I a little concerned with turning the 150r into a woods/trail bike. Which way should I go? Thanks in advance for your help.

Lotts24

PR Elite
Here goes my opinion. I personally feel she will be better off on the 150. Not sure how tall she is but the height of those are perfect for most females. If she has never rode a 2 stroke i think it will be a challenge for her and possibly a struggle to ride. Lets face it they are a lot of work when you want them to go and the 4 stroke is an easy bike to ride.

I am a 41 year old female that is 5’4”. I do ride a 250f but have many years of riding under my belt. If i were to go shopping tomorrow to buy a woods bike i would get the yz250xf. Its basically the woods version of the 250f. Demoed one at crow canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddco327

PR Addict
I've ridden a KTM 200 woods bike. Granted I am 6'3" and 200+ pounds but I've ridden 125 and 250f forever. I would suggest that. Or a bike similar. It's a lot less crazy than the 125 and the suspension is smoother for trails and the power was great. But if you wanted to get loose on the track it's super fun just gotta shift a little more.

Motodad23

PR Member
I'd go with the 150. Smoother throttle control and they actually have a lot of power. I don't know where you're from but I know a suspension guy that can make it ride like a dream.

spacecat

PR Member
I got my wife a crf150rb. she was also was coming off a ttr-125. So far it has been stone cold reliable and she absolutely loves it. I added a 9oz flywheel weight and a kick stand to give the bike a little more versatility. As long as the rider is under 5'6" the bike is perfect.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180509_173901.jpg
    thumbnail_20180509_173901.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 425

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Crf150. Sits Lower. Easier to ride. Tracks better. Less forgiving (i.e. falling on face, bogging etc)

Yz125 might be too tall for her. Changing all the ergonomics.have to Learn to ride to 2 strokes....

My buddies wife has a crf150. She doesn’t ride much but has fun on it when she does. She couldn’t ride my 144 but that’s a tough bike to ride without experience so not really a fair shake. ....

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I'd get her the 150R. Suuuuuper fun! You COULD do a CRF230F which is alot of fun (Estart too), but not too tall. Uncorked-- they're great bikes, and I know some inexpensive suspension mods that make it even better. --L*64

Meister

PR Founding Father
I went the 150 route for my wife. Built her a nice one.. but then I knocked her up so we sold it. Lol. I think it's actually for sale on the canton Craigslist right now. Black frame and black and white plastic. Tons of pro circuit bling too.