Kames - MX department

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Anyone know if Kames is getting rid of their MX department?

I have not been there for probably six months, but I ran up there today to get a pair of ODI or Emig grips and they did not have a single pair. As a matter of fact, the entire MX inventory looked to be about 50% of what it was last time I had stopped in. Just looked like maybe they were starting to phase it out. ??

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
I havent heard anything like that. It usually gets bare after the christmas season but is normally back up again.

I still order most all of my aftermarket stuff there and they have it in a couple days.

D

DTS

Over the past two years I've noticed a huge decline in product. Mostly hard goods. 3 out of the 4 times I've been in recently they haven't had what I've been looking for. Grease, safety wire, etc. Basic stuff.

jj584

PR Addict
Same here. I ran down there early spring this year to get the kid set up with a real neck brace and chest protector and they didn’t have much of anything.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I will investigate.

I'm not blind to it neither.

I will say that the internet sales are putting a real hurting on your mom n pop grass roots aftermarket shops.

Support your local shops or they could very well disappear. I'm not soley referring to Kames, but literally any mom and pop shop. If they don't have it, have them order it. Order it before it becomes a "must have now" item.

Double D

PR Founding Father
I love Kames.
What has pulled me away a little is the rmatv bucks.
I shop there when I can.
Good place and people.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’ve got kames bucks to use. Trouble is I’m never down there in that area.

I always stop by on my way to Florida and skipped that trip twice this year.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I completely understand the rmatv bucks. It's awesome that they do that! I've taken advantage of them when I had them to buy stuff I'd never normally buy. Lol

Jeremy11

PR Member
We went there 2 weeks ago to buy the boys new boots and couldn't find any in the right sizes. I'm 100% behind supporting Kames, I remember when the MX department was a few chain kits,grips and jerseys jammed in a corner down there. Any chance for an email address or point of contact we can send our requests to? Id be all for emailing Kames my random lists of stuff im buying, kames sends back pricing, me calling to paying for it, and then picking it up when it comes in.

John250

PR Founding Father
That's a lot of hassle to buy some things. It is so easy for me to log online to RMATVMC order before 7pm and its on my door step tomorrow. No taxes, lowest pricing, free shipping. Earn $$ for every dollar I spend. And if they lower a price, they put that amount into my account without me even knowing it. Honestly, it is better deals than most guys ever received as sponsorship from their local dealers.

Times have changed. People are busy, etc. Dealers tell you they will have the item in 4 to 7 days, when you can have it the next day or in two days.

jfalat

PR Addict
Most dealer never stock what you need... I called around to 4 dealer ships in my area looking for kyb 48mm fork seals.. A very common part on lots of models.. no body had them... get on line and ordered from motosport.com and had them the next day and didn't cost me any extra because i used my bonus cash to compensate for the next day air...i do 99% of my stuff on line now because most places just don't stock anything..

John250

PR Founding Father
Most dealer never stock what you need... I called around to 4 dealer ships in my area looking for kyb 48mm fork seals.. A very common part on lots of models.. no body had them... get on line and ordered from motosport.com and had them the next day and didn't cost me any extra because i used my bonus cash to compensate for the next day air...i do 99% of my stuff on line now because most places just don't stock anything..
With RMATVMC having a Lexington warehouse, you don't even need to ship air.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Jeremy, that may be possible in the future. However, my question is this.. What's the difference in an email vs a phone call? If you know what you need, call up to see if it's there. If it's not, place an order then when you get the call its in, head in to pick it up. Who doesn't like going to bike shops.

I haven't made it up to the store this week but when I do I'll fish for some sort of explanation.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
It is so easy for me to log online to RMATVMC order before 7pm and its on my door step tomorrow. No taxes, lowest pricing, free shipping.

Supreme Court just ruled it’s ok for states to force buyers to pay sales tax. So the days of no taxes on the interwebs are gonna be gone gone gone.