Chillitown Classic

RobinsonRacing

PR Addict
If you take out the 44 free A riders, the 2nd classes some of them rode, the 44 50cc open riders and the other classes many of them rode in then remove the LL riders who got free entry and the other classes they rode you're at an honest 2-300 rider count. Just saying free draws a lot of riders who wouldn't normally come and sure doesn't pay the bills.

LMAO!!!!!

stumpy823

PR Member
Yes they didn't make money on any of those classes. But in my opinion that is a big thank you to the riders. That is amazing I wish other tracks would do the same. Sign ups or sign ups free is racers I was not there this weekend due to some family health issues. But to dog a track for giving free sign up to classes and get a good turnout is not cool. That's straight out of any possible profit they might make. Good job Chillitown hope to see some changes to track in October though maybe get with Gibby ,Kilbarger and Browning to give some ideas.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
660 Entries for the weekend. But I think only 32 of them paid for entry so I’m sure they lost there a***s.
That “outlaw race” idea really hurt the numbers.
Hahahahaha

hershey

PR Elite
I remember posts of past complaining about how CTMX never makes money. I'm sure there is a method to your madness but why do it for free. I just think it's funny you guys beating one another's chest about how great you are and so many entries. I commend you for the effort, like I've said it's second to none in Ohio in terms of everything but the track, but why do it for no monetary gain? You still can't compare free entries to paying ones. I'm sure Tvland made money at 431 entries and in the end that has to happen or you quit doing it. Then where is the benefit for everyone?

Awesome job by everyone, I made sure I mentioned something to the flaggers, they did a great job and were on top of it even with the head.

Lol ....head? Guess I should have made it down to be a flagger!!

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
In reply to Hershey, I do think we will make money. I'm still at track cleaning up and simply have not completed the financials. Yes, we give away free race entries. Ever think about how many paying customers extra that brings through the front gate. Ever think about the promotional advantages we have by advertising the pro entry list? Ever think about the extra practice customers we get from free entry? Just because they get free entry doesn't mean they get anything else free. On the flip side we get sponsors to cover purses and entries. We have tried many things over the past 8 years on promoting, some work, while some don't. I am flabbergasted that someone would pick on our free entry method as something that can't continue to happen. I don't know what you do for a living but I can only imagine youre the best at it. Jeremy

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree with JF's comments on the free entries 100%. It is all the other fees you get with them. $25 for practice, 2 or three people through the gates. They get sponsors to cover purse money, etc. They always run a pretty good show.

hershey

PR Elite
In reply to Hershey, I do think we will make money. I'm still at track cleaning up and simply have not completed the financials. Yes, we give away free race entries. Ever think about how many paying customers extra that brings through the front gate. Ever think about the promotional advantages we have by advertising the pro entry list? Ever think about the extra practice customers we get from free entry? Just because they get free entry doesn't mean they get anything else free. On the flip side we get sponsors to cover purses and entries. We have tried many things over the past 8 years on promoting, some work, while some don't. I am flabbergasted that someone would pick on our free entry method as something that can't continue to happen. I don't know what you do for a living but I can only imagine youre the best at it. Jeremy

I didnt say stop the free entry thing, it works and I understand every bit of what you said helps. My only point is YOU, nobody else, has always said you have lost money at every race. One year you even offered to show your P&L. Im saying that is what cant continue and if it breaks even or makes minimal profit it wont be any fun to continue.

One thing Im good at is admitting my mistakes and weaknesses. Im far from the best but I do try my best to learn from my mistakes. I make a living at being my own boss and it affords my family everything they need and then some. I can even afford to race MX. I know plenty of other electrical contractors that make far more than me and have done better than I have been able to. I do my best to learn, and I have witnessed you trying to do the same.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
can someone just fill me in on why everyone is hating on ctmx so bad in all these posts? quite honestly i dont give a s**t if they make money or not. i assume they dont do this just for fun and if it works for them, cool...none of my business either way... ill sleep fine tonight if they make money or dont or if they have free entry or not.

what am i missing??? just curious. i feel left out.

hershey

PR Elite
can someone just fill me in on why everyone is hating on ctmx so bad in all these posts? quite honestly i dont give a s**t if they make money or not. i assume they dont do this just for fun and if it works for them, cool...none of my business either way... ill sleep fine tonight if they make money or dont or if they have free entry or not.

what am i missing??? just curious. i feel left out.

Lol.....you haven't missed anything. Go back to work and having fun

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
As far as making money or not is all Chillitowns business this year......I like the free entry even though I don't get one LOL 2 guys brought 4 kids that parked next to me, they only came to watch.....that's money in the bank in my book. Last year I came to a race only to watch, just because you don't race doesn't mean you don't show up to support what you love.