Tim Bocca of Youngstown MX takes candy from baby

My 8 year old son Jared waited all week to practice at Youngstown MX and he was asked to get off the track by Tim Bocca. He was told he can't ride the track unless he can jump all the jumps. It was my sons first time there, we just got there and he was getting familiar with the track. I told him to go back out and ride and again he was asked by Tim Bocca to get off the track. Since my son was not going to be able to practice i asked for my money back and he agreed. At this point i'm very upset because of what we went through to make it to practice on the fourth of July and are left with no other option but to leave and my son would not get to practice for the race on Saturday. I thanked him for wasting our time and i told him he should have posted no kids bikes. Then he said i shouldn't want my son out there on the track there are too many big bikes on the track and said "shame on you". Then i said to him there were other minis on the track and he said that the one mini rider was one of the fastest in the country. i asked him how that was fair to us and he said it wasn't. And then he said that i called him several times on the phone in the last two weeks and i should have told him my son was just learning to ride. Then he goes on to say how he does not want anyone to get hurt and someone already got hurt. I can understand that. And then he tells me there are plenty of other places to ride and tells me to come out to OIR. Tim Bocca really made us feel welcome as we were forced to leave. Our youth is the future of motocross and my son will never forget Youngstown MX. Hopefully you won't be disapointed with Youngstown MX.

John250

PR Founding Father
Surprised they were not running a big bike and mini session. What is your son on? 50, 65, 85?

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I think a kid on a 65 got landed on yesterday. I understand your frustration but slamming the guy online might be a little much, he gave you your money back so all you are out is a trip to youngstown. Better that than get landed on. Hell when I am at ytown I pull off when Jerry Robin goes out so I don't get landed on. Better safe than sorry.

i understand your point but your missing our point,we took the time to come out and practice there were other minis there and how do you just let the big bikes and the fast mini's ride and ask another mini to get off the track and leave them with no other option but to load up and go home? everyone that took the time to come out and practice should have been accomodated.

Noob
Kind of a 50/50 situation. Was the 65 making it over jumps okay? Or was he hitting anything?

Double D

PR Founding Father
It is frustrating having a 50 or 65 rider. You will find many tracks do not allow 50 or 65 bikes on track at all.

My kid is finally on an 85, so it is getting better for us.
I feel ya. Safety first though.

You have to check with the tracks and be specific, it sucks I know. But so do hospital bills. Both are a reality in motocross.

Hit a Saturday battle race practice. He will get a separate practice on the main track.

tdshirley34

PR Member
If you want to get your kid track time take him to Hillsville or other private tracks or rent a track out. No offense, but your kid was not fast enough to keep up with the slow Riders or make it around the track safely. You should not have wanted him out on the track. Being a mini Rider has nothing to do with the situation, the only thing that should be taken into consideration is if your child could get around the track safely without putting himself or other kids in danger.
I was at Youngstown MX yesterday. I saw your child and a few others that should not have been riding there, no offense, but they were creating a safety situation due to the caliber of Rider they were. The track is too tight to maneuver around kids who don't know how to ride a track like Youngstown MX.
Encourage your child to continue to ride, but be aware of the tracks your child will be riding....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Bill...grand scheme safety.

You cant have a rider on a track that isn’t moving with relative flow of the rest of the practice.

Hang out at Apple cabin or other places with 50 tracks. Oir has a beginner track etc.

Go get experience and have fun. And stay healthy. ....stay healthy.

I saved your kids life. You will thank me later!!
emoji111.png

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I am a very slow rider myself, sometimes even I feel like I shouldn’t be out there with the fast guys lol. Anyway, I do have to agree with Ytown.. only cause I’ve crashed before avoiding a mini rider that probably shouldn’t have been out there. Absolutely
Nothing wrong with being a beginner rider on a 50 but as stated Ytown has although safe, pretty big jumps and some are blind. Once your committed you can’t see a little guy till it’s to late.

I really do think Ytown only had your son and the other riders safety in mind. Now, if he hadn’t given you your money back then that would be a different ball game, but he did. I’ve seen a few little guys get run over and it’s never been pretty. I can understand your frustration though as getting to the track is time consuming and cost money.. but not as much as a hospital visit. 200-240lb bikes don’t seem like much to us but can really crush a kid. Check out smith rd ( when it reopens ) the cabin, newly opened OIR, Amherst Meadowlarks, or any other track that has a mini track as well as a big track. Ride safe.

hershey

PR Elite
I saved your kids life. You will thank me later!! [emoji111]️

I agree with nitro.... sessions would increase your overall turnout and $. It's a capitalistic economy though. You're obviously doing well and it's working. I've not made a trip out simply because I won't ride if my son can't also. We did OIR and I sent my son out on a 65. He too is slower on it. I would rather have had him ride his 50 but the mini session was 85/65. You had 3 groups of big bike and 1 mini. Why not go with 2 big bike, a 85/ slower big bike and a 50/65? Its tough woth kids that are bored/ too fast with the mini track and not having sessions at most tracks. Just a question for you.

C Hudak

PR Addict
Once again It boils down to common sense. If you have 98% of the riders there at a certain riding level and 2% not so much, your not going to inconvenience the majority to make some 2% happy! Some days it’s definitely worth splitting practice, but to make everyone sit while 1 or 2 minis go out to ride on a track they are clearly not ready for is stupid! My son is 16yrs old on a 250f and I don’t take him to Ytown because they don’t generally split practice, he’s not ready for Ytown. Just my 2 cents

Youngstown MX

PR Addict
As for now we will not split practice sessions at YMX. We try to provide the local hardcore motocross guys and girls a nice place to come do laps openly on a groomed track. No it’s prolly not the place for a guy like Ken Roczen but we do our best to make the Moto people happy. And yes we do let some of the talented local mini riders ride ytown aswell. This is just the kind of place we are!!! And as for you Billy(whom I’ve know for many years). I told you several times to bring your kid out after 2 and if it’s not to busy I would let him ride. Way to keep it classy bud!!

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I always love going to ytown because I know there aren’t sessions. To me kids should be racing. They’ll get the experience racing. Once they get to be extremely fast. Probably like the orange brigade ktm 65 rider from PA (who I’m sure is the one being talked about in this thread) then you can get even more seat time riding on local big bike practice days. There aren’t enough little ones to have a seperate practice night like they used to.

Dirtworld used to run little bikes 85 and lower on tuesdays and big bikes Thursdays. I remember him coming up to me and my dad when we were riding 80s and said just only come on Thursday’s....too fast for Tuesday’s....I know that’s not today, but there is precedent in years past for this type of thing.....