Race Ohio MX Dayton M.C.

doorman

PR Member
The thinking was that there was no other good date. If scheduled in Aug. would have had to have races back to back. Iron Man is 25-26 and Battle of Ohio then labor day we. The first 2 we of Oct. are our Hillclimb Prep and Hillclimb. Due to other club member commitments this is the date that was settled on. Talked to lots of riders at the fair race that plan on being at DMC Sunday. Being a series race I think we will have a good Turnout. Track is New from last year and ready to go. Hope to see you and Matt there.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Wait. What? The race Ohio schedule shows two races per month. My calendar shows 4 weekends per month. Racing against a track in your own organization is flat out dumb. Yes I can see chili race this weekend is not part of the series but come the heck on... you pick going against Chili and not a pro race 250 miles away???
Talked to a lot of races that was at the fair race? The total rider count was like 64. And most of them were from people riding 2 or 3 classes. So that leaves what ? 25 humans?
Cancelling races because it may rain, or it rained on Thursday. Moving dates and locations for races when there are only 12 total races for the year. A web site that has not been updated since October...
The series HAS to do better if it wants to survive.
Maybe I will put off getting a new bike for the rest of the year.

John250

PR Founding Father
I am going to be in Florida for the weekend. Matthew had planned on going to CTMX, but since mom and grandpa are in charge, they are going to stay closer to home and go to DMC.

I agree though, there are some things the buckeye series need to step up on. We have made a few trips north this year, and I really like riding those races.

doorman

PR Member
Glad to here Matthew is going to be a the D,M.C. He has become quite a racer in the past few years. Good kid and fun to watch him over the years.

663dad

PR Addict
Wait. What? The race Ohio schedule shows two races per month. My calendar shows 4 weekends per month. Racing against a track in your own organization is flat out dumb. Yes I can see chili race this weekend is not part of the series but come the heck on... you pick going against Chili and not a pro race 250 miles away???
Talked to a lot of races that was at the fair race? The total rider count was like 64. And most of them were from people riding 2 or 3 classes. So that leaves what ? 25 humans?
Cancelling races because it may rain, or it rained on Thursday. Moving dates and locations for races when there are only 12 total races for the year. A web site that has not been updated since October...
The series HAS to do better if it wants to survive.
Maybe I will put off getting a new bike for the rest of the year.
Chris,
I agree with most of your comments and the website has updates on the race schedule, I will work on getting the website up to date as I have posted online at various sites the prizes for 2018.

First race was almost 60 days ago and still no points standings posted. OMA had the points posted Sunday evening after the TV Land battle race.
Nick,
The points will be updated if you read in another post our points keeper has been out of town and me or Scott do not have the computer to access these. Option number two is since we are AMA sanctioned you can always look at their website for your results.
http://results.americanmotorcyclist...rict=&StartDate=01/01/2018&EndDate=07/12/2018

Last edited:

MX_Implements

PR Addict
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

This post was made 4 days before the event and this is the first post I seen anywhere.

RobinsonRacing

PR Addict
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

This post was made 4 days before the event and this is the first post I seen anywhere.

Exactly. Dirt Country who runs next weekend should be promoting their race last week and Treaty City should be promoting their race 2 weeks from now.

Kinda bummed with the Buckeye series so far. I made a commitment to do the series because, well, it’s what my buddies are doing too. Seemed like last seasons series went pretty well too. I know weather didn’t help the early rounds. But no promotion with any of the races so far and not much has changed from the earlier southwest series. The points thing is a little ridiculous too.

Hopefully we see some positive changes these next few weeks before I throw in the towel on the series altogether and just travel a little more instead.

doorman

PR Member
I'm with you guys on not enough promotion of the series. That the reason I started this Thread. Scott P. had posted the reschedule of the D.M.C. on PR back on June 28 under Race Update-Southwest Series. This race date has also been discussed under CTMX Classic thread. The D.M.C. website was updated in mid June. I don't know when Race Ohio Mx site was updated, but it is now. I have no involvement in the series other than being a member of the D.M.C. and my son running the series. I think the ball got dropped a little. 3 days to race day. The members have been working hard to have a great track.

saplakc

PR Addict
I am going to be in Florida for the weekend. Matthew had planned on going to CTMX, but since mom and grandpa are in charge, they are going to stay closer to home and go to DMC.

I agree though, there are some things the buckeye series need to step up on. We have made a few trips north this year, and I really like riding those races.
Connie and crew are the best!!!!

663dad

PR Addict
Exactly. Dirt Country who runs next weekend should be promoting their race last week and Treaty City should be promoting their race 2 weeks from now.

Kinda bummed with the Buckeye series so far. I made a commitment to do the series because, well, it’s what my buddies are doing too. Seemed like last seasons series went pretty well too. I know weather didn’t help the early rounds. But no promotion with any of the races so far and not much has changed from the earlier southwest series. The points thing is a little ridiculous too.

Hopefully we see some positive changes these next few weeks before I throw in the towel on the series altogether and just travel a little more instead.
Like I said many times before, Scott and myself can only promote the series the best we can via his social media and website. It is the track promoters that need to step up their game. I will start blasting them with emails to get the ball rolling, as this is not turning into the old southwest Ohio mx sh-t show series again, I promise you that.

Like I said many times before, Scott and myself can only promote the series the best we can via his social media and website. It is the track promoters that need to step up their game. I will start blasting them with emails to get the ball rolling, as this is not turning into the old southwest Ohio mx sh-t show series again, I promise you that.

Walker has been in contact with us, if some tracks don't step up their game they may be on the outside again looking in. just my two cents

Hope you didn't break your arm patting yourself on the back, looks to me like the person that needs to step up their game is you. Website is never updated , points never get updated, you say you want to help the tracks with track prep but you show up to Buckeye Hills 3 days before the event expecting to get it race ready after it sat all year then blame the cancellation on circumstances beyond your control, what a joke, talk about a sh-t show.

Dont blame the results disaster on the the other tracks like you did on your FB page, I talked to someone at DMC and they emailed the results to you and Scott on July 16th, you may not opened your email till the 23rd but you had the results.

From the way it looks to me if you don't step up your game, YOU might be the one on the outside looking in, just my .02

663dad

PR Addict
Hope you didn't break your arm patting yourself on the back, looks to me like the person that needs to step up their game is you. Website is never updated , points never get updated, you say you want to help the tracks with track prep but you show up to Buckeye Hills 3 days before the event expecting to get it race ready after it sat all year then blame the cancellation on circumstances beyond your control, what a joke, talk about a sh-t show.

Dont blame the results disaster on the the other tracks like you did on your FB page, I talked to someone at DMC and they emailed the results to you and Scott on July 16th, you may not opened your email till the 23rd but you had the results.

From the way it looks to me if you don't step up your game, YOU might be the one on the outside looking

You are right we had issues getting the website updated, as well tracks not following the class structures, thus not allowing us to post the correct points.

Last edited:

bockscars

PR Member

I work in social media marketing, so if any promoters (series or track) need any tips or have any questions feel free to contact me about getting these events out. There so much missed opportunity I've considered marketing my services to the moto community.

It is insane to me that tracks don't utilize Facebook events. I hate Facebook, but as someone also big into automotive track days and car shows, Facebook events are a killer way to promote events. Someone can make the event and add other pages/people to it, so you can have an event that is both editable and send notifications to the actual track owner, any promoters, and the series heads. Then each person (including racers) can personally invite 500 people. This will send them a notification of the event, and remind them about it unless they mark "not interested" or "can't go". I know a lot of people hate facebook or refuse to use it, but this is obviously going to work better than what is working now. Also utilize video, Instagram notifies people of when a page goes live. Stand out on a fresh prepped track and "Go Live" and as people tune in just talk about the race and answer questions that come in. Getting people to engage with your posts is extremely important and helps your posts reach more people.

If anyone needs help setting them up or a walk through let me know and I would be happy to help.