High interest savings accounts

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Any of you got high interest savings ? Like 1.5%-2% APY? Or higher ?

Looking at citizens, they want $5000 minimum for 2%. But my Pnc savings account isn’t paying spit. 0.55%....night as well move my money elsewhere.

ddmx488

PR Addict
Check out a Vanguard brokerage account and then invest in vanguard ETF’s. Plan to invest for a few years but rate of return has been shown to average around 5%.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
about to move some $ to a huntington acct 2.02% for 12 months and then move it out after.. ive got some in capital one and discover also. i like having it in online accounts to make it more of a PITA to get access to. discover is nice though because you can have it linked to a checking and do an instant transfer and pull it out of an atm. my capital one i cant touch. unless i wait a few days for a transfer. they are both 1.75 currently i believe.

more so than a decent rate because honestly whats the difference between 1.75 and 2%... look for banks with promos. i move money around between accounts all the time just for promos. hundred here 200 there.. it adds up for doin nothin!!!

NQ1965

PR Elite
I'll second that on the Vanguard individual personal brokerage account. Regular mutual/index fund, will usually get you market going rate. And down the road if you need to pull cash, sell some funds and you'll have it right back in your bank checking account in a few days.

Banks savings accts are Ok for smaller quick cash amounts, but they just rip you off if your savings begins to grow significantly.