Treaty City, Good Job

doorman

PR Member
Son told me that track was great on Sunday. We had a good day. Would have been a great day if son had not taking a hard thumping while leading on the last lap of open B. He did get up and rode the lap out. As he rode by me his comment "sh_t Happens" TC good job.

RobinsonRacing

PR Addict
Best that tracks been in 20 years. Prep was good, bailed corners in practice, and a nice overcast day was a perfect combination. All motos were done by 3pm i believe. 165 riders.

The track is pretty short so 5 laps was nice. Wish they could extend the track a little. I wouldn’t recommend slowing it down by adding a lot of obstacles because the flow is good and fun how it is. Not sure what their land restrictions are, but it would be cool if they could add to it.

Good work this weekend treaty

Attachments

• 8170402F-D8FE-4FFF-A00E-9DFD39377C21.jpeg
    8170402F-D8FE-4FFF-A00E-9DFD39377C21.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 322

John250

PR Founding Father
OK. I made the trek out to Treaty City for the first time in 15+ years. After I refused to go back. Evidently the guy on here that post all the time that if I ever showed up he would let me in free and race free just to get me back, well he forgot to tell all his friends, they said no one is free, lol. So I even paid them money for the race.

I will say one thing. It was a better experience than the last time I was there, but far from a great track. Just my opinion, this is not the quality track that if I am a series promoter, I am including in my series. Just my opinion. It is one of those tracks you go to because its the only place racing, or because you need series points. We fall into the last one. There are benefits to winning your class for the series, and my son is in the running for both his classes. Because of all the rescheduling, there are two races at Eastfork next week, and we have to be out of town for wedding. So off to TCMC we went yesterday.

The good.
1. $10 gate fee (some tracks are moving to $15)
2. Best pits hands down next to Chilitown. Shaded areas, flat areas, paved drive. All the grass is nice and cut short, not a lot dirt areas, etc. Great pits.
3. Biscuits and gravy. Pretty good.
4. Track was not over watered for the first time I can remember. Thanks to the little bit if cloud cover, it never got dusty. Good Job.
5. The jumps were much better than they used to be. Used to be, whoever made them, the take off were always the kind that would just pop you straight up. The landings were usually small and sharp. That's been fixed.
6. They ran a pretty quick program, started a little late, but were done by about 4pm or so.

The bad.
1. The track. It is like a backyard track, not a track that you would want to have a series race at for people to travel to.
2. It is way too narrow. Too many 90 degree corners. They do not make for good racing, and there is one fast line. the inside.
3. The gate it is angled one way (to the left) while the track goes to the right.
4. First turn. Start is 100 yards long that funnels into a very small tight 180 turn. One that is slowed down to almost stopped and goes back the other way. Turn is just too tight for the start. In my opinion.
5. Location of the start / finish line. The last straight is where the first turn is located. So you cant start the next moto until the very last bike is off the track. Small crowd yesterday, so not as much of an issue, but if you had a big race and crowd, it would cause loss of time.
6. Track is just very short. We went 5 laps and I can assure you it did not feel like 5 laps. I am an out of shape old guy.
7. Equipment. I watched them prepping some areas at intermission. The chisel would not even go down in the ground. And I did not see a disc to follow behind it. They had chiseled the start, and ran a side by side over it to break it up a bit before the motos. They need a disc with a drag behind it to break it back up. Prepping a track is all about having the equipment

It was not a horrible day by any means. But am I going to be making special trips to race TCMC? No. Is it worthy of having Buckeye Series races, not in my opinion. And I would think that the people who travel a little distance to get there, might agree with me. Nothing against those that put in the effort, but they are working with what they have to work with.

TC 2.jpg

Way to go Nancy, and people wonder why promoters don’t advertise/promote their events on Pitracer. We have been to the last couple races at Treaty and they as a club are really working their tales off to make the place better and you just have to spread your glass half empty attitude everywhere you get the chance.

The fact of the matter is there are about 12 guys here on Pitracer that think they know everything there is to know about putting on a Moto-X race yet none of them have ever opened up their wallet to give it a try, then whine and complain about every little thing, they even complain that promoters dont "use" Pitracer to promote, why would they. Every racer that is on here already knows about all the series and races that are available to them, no need to come on here and open themselves up to the "experts" in the peanut gallery.

Treaty had one of their largest crowds in years this past Sunday and never said a peep here on Pitracer, whats that tell you?

John250

PR Founding Father
MxKing423, aren't you the same guy that was on the other thread bashing Plessinger and Landis on the "shitshow" series they were running because of cancellations, points, a web page not being updated? Pretty sure that's you. Humm......so your allowed to give opinions to the series promoter who gets all the contingencies lined up, series awards, etc, but I am not allowed to give my opinion on a track? I see how you work.

I did not totally bash TCMC. I gave some opinions from someone who tried the place after 15 plus years of refusing. Do I think they are to the place they should be in the series, no I don't. I think the series promoter should have higher standards. I would rather see less tracks, and a quality product.

That is one thing I like about racing OMA races. The product has always been good. It is organized and well run and they seem to get it. If more tracks took notice they may have more success. Now not everyone can have a Connie that is a miracle worker when it comes to posting results and points within hours, but they can do better in that area for sure.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Last year they posted on here a few times about the new track and got 185 riders...
OMG, I do know everything about the sport.

I like Treaty and want them to stay in the series. The effort is there and not every track has to be 2 miles long and 5th gear pinned for 90% of the lap.
Less 90 degree turns would help.
Oh, and I like the first turn. The placement of the finish line is just goofy.

jpelaston

PR Member
John, it was probably me that made you the offer and unfortunately this was an event I wasn't able to be at. I was at an enduro in Michigan. Thank you though for coming out.

It's no secret that we as a club struggle with marketing and promoting on the web and on social media. I try to keep up on it as much as I can but I also have 20 races a year that I go to, a full time job (like everyone else), and wife that demands a portion of my time as well.

Typically I get at least something out on Facebook leading up to a race but I wasn't on the ball this time.

As far as your "list", it comes off as nit-picky. Some points are valid and thank you for the input. We will take the good points that are realistic and work with them and the rest will get tossed.

Thanks to everyone who came out, Thank You to the club members who worked tirelessly to get the job done.

I know I have said on here before but we welcome suggestions. We want to make it better. It takes time to rise from the ashes but we're getting there.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Way to go Nancy, and people wonder why promoters don’t advertise/promote their events on Pitracer. We have been to the last couple races at Treaty and they as a club are really working their tales off to make the place better and you just have to spread your glass half empty attitude everywhere you get the chance.

The fact of the matter is there are about 12 guys here on Pitracer that think they know everything there is to know about putting on a Moto-X race yet none of them have ever opened up their wallet to give it a try, then whine and complain about every little thing, they even complain that promoters dont "use" Pitracer to promote, why would they. Every racer that is on here already knows about all the series and races that are available to them, no need to come on here and open themselves up to the "experts" in the peanut gallery.

Treaty had one of their largest crowds in years this past Sunday and never said a peep here on Pitracer, whats that tell you?
4DC8276A-7171-4002-8121-D7C2E280DCFA.jpeg