Smith Road

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Yeah I definitely prefer last years prep and layout over this year at Smith.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad time at Smith. Yeah there’s been days the prep is bad but so what, it’s great practice and come race day that’s the practice that’ll make the biggest difference.
I could bitch about every single track I’ve ridden this year on terms of prep and high expectations, no track has been immune(except WW). I could also praise each track as I’ve had many great times enjoying great prep as well.
I appreciate every track we have as I notice my weekday riding options dwindling more and more every year.

jfalat

PR Addict
Joe, you must not see many of the comments on FB. Western Reserve is taking an absolute thrashing on FB regarding a recent race. Haven't seen a peep about it on here. Way worse than anything being said about Smith Rd on here....for that matter you should read some of the beating Smith Rd is taking on FB too!
John..I did not see anything about either track on face book,but I only follow the tracks I ride at.. I just don’t under stand why even one needs the perfect track all the time...I am still happy to ride most places
No matter what...I guess I am still remember riding back in the day and all most every track was hard packed and dusty. I all so remember you never had a open practice track to ride on unless it was private back in the day..

Jim355

Noob
Hersey hit the nail on the head. The sport is also much more expensive than what it used to be and the commitment each family makes to go ride on a Wednesday night isnt cheap. around 150 bucks between myself and both our boys between entry and fuel for 3 bikes and the truck. So yea if the product they put out sucks people should know. The holes in the faces of the jumps were dangerous last year. I hope they open but if it’s the same old crap, we’ll just stick to apple or Malvern for weeknights.

DP737

PR Member
Stonewall and Hershey- a bunch of whiny internet trolls! You hide behind your computers and bash the hell out of the track and their hard work but then you still show up and practice there??! I would turn you around at the gate if you showed up to my track after posting all this negative nancy crap, good god. I've been practicing there for over 20 years- I remember it the same now as back in the day when George used to get on his tractor, shirtless with his leathery brown skin, and proceed to completely overwater the track each and every practice. It ruts up now just as much as then and the dirt isn't all that bad recently!!!

Looking forward to it reopening and laying down some quick passes on you two while your stuck in the ruts complaining about how rough it is (or isn't)- doesn't seem like you'd be happy either way!

Last edited:

Bill480

PR Addict
The only thing worse than people complaining about a track are the people complaining about people complaining about a track. (and the people complaining about the people complaining about complaining about the track)

But I'm sure they would all kick each others a***s collectively so be careful.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I get it that it’s different each week at Smith RD and you never quite know what to expect, but that’s part of what I like. I could go ride at unprepped Amherst anytime since we are members there BUT that is like riding on the highway covered with marbles and dust when it’s not prepped. Even the BAD prep that people are complaining about is 100% better riding than an unprepped place. I don’t have other places to ride and have set up my schedule for years to have Wednesday night free, so Smith RD is my choice, and I miss it this summer. I get that it’s not Red Bud, but I know that going in!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Roachy

PR Addict
Smiths prep is different than other tracks but like most tracks is the same each week. Isn’t this why we like moto, each track and surface brings on a new days challenges! This year I’ve rode Cabin, cliff, route 62, beans, switchback, COCR, and tv land. Each is different and had something to offer. If you want the exact same thing everywhere you go than ride concrete! Sometimes it’s wet, sometimes it’s dry. It’s moto, wipe your Pu&&y ride the bike and be happy your not at work.

Finally someone who has a clue!

hershey

PR Elite
Stonewall and Hershey- a bunch of whiny internet trolls! You hide behind your computers and bash the hell out of the track and their hard work but then you still show up and practice there??! I would turn you around at the gate if you showed up to my track after posting all this negative nancy crap, good god. I've been practicing there for over 20 years- I remember it the same now as back in the day when George used to get on his tractor, shirtless with his leathery brown skin, and proceed to completely overwater the track each and every practice. It ruts up now just as much as then and the dirt isn't all that bad recently!!!

Looking forward to it reopening and laying down some quick passes on you two while your stuck in the ruts complaining about how rough it is (or isn't)- doesn't seem like you'd be happy either way!

So I take it you didn't open my link or read my posts?? I don't hide behind anything. Lmfao. I've never said one damn thing on here about a track that I haven't said directly to a track owner. Good or bad. And I can say that 90% of the time I've said it face to face first in an attempt to remedy the issue or give ptaise.

Nice try. And maybe instead of hiding behind your keyboard you can come and talk to me face to face. I wonder if you would have the courage to call me a whiny internet troll while looking me in the eye?? Bet not. Not a threat in any way shape or form, just a truth for most people.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Geeezzzz nobody is ever happy. It has ruts. S turns. Sweeping turns. Tight turns. Bowl turns. Muddy area. Dry areas. Slippery areas. And fast areas. One line. Multiple lines. Honestly there is a spot on the track for everyone. Now could the jumps be refaced? Yes. They are terrible. For safety reasons. But if you want to ride and learn on pretty much every type of obstacle you’ll ever see on a track minus 100’ jumps, Smith is the place. Just be happy we have a track so close to Cleveland.

Oh and there aren’t any sand sections. So John250 should show up. That’s a plus.

ohiowildman939

PR Member
That’s my one and only complaint is the jumps. Re face the damn things already. Other than that, it’s Smith rd. You know it’s always gonna start out muddy.

jj584

PR Addict
Geeezzzz nobody is ever happy. It has ruts. S turns. Sweeping turns. Tight turns. Bowl turns. Muddy area. Dry areas. Slippery areas. And fast areas. One line. Multiple lines. Honestly there is a spot on the track for everyone. Now could the jumps be refaced? Yes. They are terrible. For safety reasons. But if you want to ride and learn on pretty much every type of obstacle you’ll ever see on a track minus 100’ jumps, Smith is the place. Just be happy we have a track so close to Cleveland.

Oh and there aren’t any sand sections. So John250 should show up. That’s a plus.
Put me in the no sand category! I hate digging it out of bearings chains and everywhere else. Way to OCD for sand or mud riding.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m to the point where I’m happy if everyone leaves alive and in one piece anywhere now a Days. Just read about a young fatality at glen Helen.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite

Step off that uphill.. It’s a decent huck to do the entire thing. Smith does have it all. It will be muddy in the beginning. It will be ice by the end of the night .. I’ve myself have been riding there since 2001. I know the product I’m getting and I don’t mind.

Ok, maybe the a little work on the jump faces.

DP737

PR Member
I have no problem telling you to your face when you show up at the track you bash on so bad!!! Seen you letting chili town know how bad of a track their running too- Where's your track at? you build and maintain them? Or you just ride real slow on other people's properties/tracks that they open up for you and work to maintain, then proceed complain and bash on them? Haven't we had enough tracks shut down in the past 10 years?

John250

PR Founding Father
I love these guys that come one here, have their profile names set up, don't list their real names on their profiles and talk all tough. Nothing wrong with people giving their real opinions and constructive criticism. How else do tracks know what people like and dislike? Jeremy from Chilitown listened at comments made right here on PR and made the changes suggested to his track.....and guess what? It made it better. Problem is, there are too many damn snowflakes now days that think we all should pat each other on the back and say good job all the time.

At least the guys you complain about on here all have the balls to put it out there who we all are. Anyone can easily find any of us at a track. And just guessing Hershey and I probably both go to more different tracks than 90% of the others on this page, so yeah, we see a lot of different tracks and conditions.