Anybody else ride street bikes? Lane split?

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Finger on the FB - ??
Go ahead and touch that - on that bike, at that speed & angle.
LOL- just messing with ya - photo looks great - bet it was a blast.
Actually, my buddy sent that to me.... Lol. I may have to buy it, but there are just so damn many choices now days.

NQ1965

PR Elite
My ride to work only takes me around 15 minutes, which is ok considering how cold the morning's often are and I'm usually half a sleep with only one eye open. My ride home though I'm always thinking how nice it would be if it were longer. So I make up for it by running errands on my bike.
I ride a small bike and it's fun as hell zipping through traffic and parking lots. Seems I can get around town in less time on the bike than In the truck or car.
Another thing is, like my truck, which is an old beater, there's nothing special about my Honda and it's 16 years old. I rarely wash it or worry about scratches or dings. No sweat right? Just jump on it and go.
And then I park right beside the Harley's or other cruisers, proud as a peacock.

Seems to me many people riding street bikes do it more for image, status or ego than the actual thrill of riding a motorcycle.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Seems to me many people riding street bikes do it more for image, status or ego than the actual thrill of riding a motorcycle.
Agreed. It's funny when I tell those people I ride a Yamaha. And they don't realize it's a better looking, handling, and faster cruiser than what they have...lmao. at 1900cc/113 ci, it does pretty good for a 700lb bike. And when we're pushing some of the sport bikes through the Twisties, they don't know what to think.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Clear skies and 77 degrees as I started my bike this morning. As I pulled into the parking lot at work, the thought of burning a vacation day and spending the day riding the countryside's certainly crossed my mind.

Funny side of the story is, as earlier stated I don't get to wash my bike that often, so it gets that usual coating of dust and dirt the same as a car does. So Saturday I rode my bike to work and right as I was getting ready to leave to go home, the skies opened up gave us some pretty good downpours, so I got to ride home in the rain. No biggy, it's happened before.

I get on my bike this morning and immediately noticed everything nice and shiny and I could read my gauges easier. Wow how did my bike get washed? :rolleyes:

jj584

PR Addict
Clear skies and 77 degrees as I started my bike this morning. As I pulled into the parking lot at work, the thought of burning a vacation day and spending the day riding the countryside's certainly crossed my mind.

Funny side of the story is, as earlier stated I don't get to wash my bike that often, so it gets that usual coating of dust and dirt the same as a car does. So Saturday I rode my bike to work and right as I was getting ready to leave to go home, the skies opened up gave us some pretty good downpours, so I got to ride home in the rain. No biggy, it's happened before.

I get on my bike this morning and immediately noticed everything nice and shiny and I could read my gauges easier. Wow how did my bike get washed? :rolleyes:
I had the same thoughts of blowing the day off and riding all day. Maybe the next nice one, woman works at the same place and she eagerly ran out and jumped on.(way more commited to work than I) Maybe in the next decent day, perhaps wait for some fall color.