Who would u bet on?

dozer

PR Addict
been thinking about this now that the nationals are over! Who would u take in an all star race at a national? Prime Carmichael, prime Stewart, prime dungey, prime villapoto, prime roczen, tomac, herlings, prime cairoli? No one crashes and no bike malfunction!! Would love to hear opinions!

7DD7A5A9-5F0E-4FA8-A522-5FAF4F322251.jpeg

Well after tomac gained 13 seconds on roczen in 3 laps, and watching what herlings has been doing plus what he did at Ironman last yr, I’ve got to put them in front of rc. I would never count out stewy!!

If you’re making me choose I’d choose RC. He just wanted to win. No matter what. But I don’t know much about Herlings or Carolli to give an honest assessment. But I know they are both fast. Finally it’s hard to argue that Stew wouldn’t be in the mix.

Roczen RV2 are fast but not the fastest. Dungey is the most boring rider ever but he is the most technical rider ever. He didn’t mess up or take risks he was fine settling in and looked long term for the championship Vs the race win.

Tomac is fast and might be better than RC. And only this year in the outdoors near the end of the year did he show that killer riding style that RC had.

So in conclusion I would say RC. Stew and Tomac

Since you said in Prime and No crashes or mechanicals..... JS7. NO question, hands down. I dont think any MX guru out there would say different. But only because of your stipulations.

By far the most talented, fastest rider ever. Remember, he went 24-0 once. Handily beat RV at Monster cup when RV was in his prime and JS7 wasnt. Beat RC plenty of times straight up. And to top it off, RC said numerous times that JS7 was the fastest guy ever to swing a leg over a bike.

Well, I'll one up the 24-0 argument for Stewart...... RC did that twice, once on a two stroke and once on a four stroke. RC is still the KING of Outdoor MX, go back and read the article about his career losses........ 45 bad days or something like that. He only didn't win 45 overalls in his career, everything else was a win. And he was dealing with Stewart in his prime, and had him covered easily.

Yea the goat literally had Stewart on his back.....

I remember watching rc at high point pull a tear off up a hill and make contact and still blow by Stewart. Front end dancing around. Awestruck. Whaaaaaat.

Last edited:
Well, I'll one up the 24-0 argument for Stewart...... RC did that twice, once on a two stroke and once on a four stroke. RC is still the KING of Outdoor MX, go back and read the article about his career losses........ 45 bad days or something like that. He only didn't win 45 overalls in his career, everything else was a win. And he was dealing with Stewart in his prime, and had him covered easily.

But when JS7 didnt crash he beat him.

Again, Im only saying this because of the stipulations. If we are talking real world then yes, its RC for sure.

When the GOAT declares you as the fastest man on the planet, it would seem only crashes or mechanical failures would keep you from winning any race that you entered. Therefore, I am going with Stewart.

Bruce, you've not updated your profile Pic to having Mike Brown holding the +25 National Championship plate yet, fair and square beating your guy straight up and showing that the old National Professional Champion at 46 was in better shape this year than your guy who was almost 20 years younger, I think next year Renner will be in better shape..... I'm going to value your opinion and say it's a good choice, but not the right choice. AND since the GOAT would never call himself the Fastest man on the planet, RC had some humbleness to him when speaking about himself, he was deferring to how fast Stewart was, but again RC had him covered in his prime more often than not. If we go to the Vault and look up the results they raced against each other in the big bike class for 2.5 seasons (the last season RC was doing a partial farewell tour and not running the entire series) and here is how they stack up in racing results:

2005 Outdoor MX - 7 races against each other(Stewart missed 5 rounds due to injury after crashing out)
RC 7 wins James - 0 (this was RC's second perfect season on the RMZ 450 4 stroke so not only did Stewart not beat him, no one else did either)

2006 Outdoor MX - 12 races and the only full season against each other
RC 9 wins James - 3 wins (no other winners in the class, either RC or Stewart, probably why RC said James was the fastest man on the planet, but RC was the fastest man in the universe!)

2007 Outdoor MX - RC rode 7 nationals in farewell tour at the tracks he liked, Stewart was supposed to run the entire season missing many rounds due to injury, only 5 against each other
RC 5 wins James - 0 wins (BTW, RC won all 7 events he entered on the Farewell tour, James only won 1 event in the 2007 Outdoor series and RC didn't race that one)

Overall, they raced the same class at the same time 24 Nationals and RC won 21 of the 24, James did win 3. I'll stick with my original choice and let the rest of you decide if you want to let FACTS stand in the way of your opinion.

I would say that James Stewart was better in SX than MX, and it was Crash or Win there for a while with him early in his career in the big bike class, he had RC covered in speed on the SX track for a few years, but crashes held him back, and if we took crashing and mechanicals out of the equation, then the SX argument would be where James would shine.

Last edited:
Back