Who would u bet on?

125 = Goat / 7
250 smoke = Goat / Stanton
500 = Andre Malherbe / Ward
250 fart = Poto / Herlings
450 = Cairoli / Poto

Scary thing is, I don't think Herlings has hit his prime yet! So the last one may change.

Fun to think about. That is a MXdN I would pay to see

125 = Goat / 7
250 smoke = Goat / Stanton
500 = Andre Malherbe / Ward
250 fart = Poto / Herlings
450 = Cairoli / Poto

Scary thing is, I don't think Herlings has hit his prime yet! So the last one may change.

Fun to think about. That is a MXdN I would pay to see

I agree, Herlings has not hit his prime yet. He's going to be scary over the next couple years!

Yes I agree, herlings is scary fast! Don’t forget villipoto beat Carmichael straight up at the des nations! Oh and poto was on his 250f!

Last edited:
Bruce, you've not updated your profile Pic to having Mike Brown holding the +25 National Championship plate yet, fair and square beating your guy straight up and showing that the old National Professional Champion at 46 was in better shape this year than your guy who was almost 20 years younger,.....

Fixed the avatar. And yes, I know that is from 2017, but at least it is MB holding the championship plate. I will admit that I (and Ricky) underestimated Brown's condition(ing). Much like the Bubba/RC debate, you will probably disagree with me, but, Ricky was the fastest vet racer at Loretta's this year. Brown did an incredible job of keeping Ricky behind him in moto 3, and won the championship. I can't wait for next year, Ricky will be better perpared, I don't know that Brown can be.

Bruce, you've not updated your profile Pic to having Mike Brown holding the +25 National Championship plate yet, fair and square beating your guy straight up and showing that the old National Professional Champion at 46 was in better shape this year than your guy who was almost 20 years younger, I think next year Renner will be in better shape..... I'm going to value your opinion and say it's a good choice, but not the right choice. AND since the GOAT would never call himself the Fastest man on the planet, RC had some humbleness to him when speaking about himself, he was deferring to how fast Stewart was, but again RC had him covered in his prime more often than not. If we go to the Vault and look up the results they raced against each other in the big bike class for 2.5 seasons (the last season RC was doing a partial farewell tour and not running the entire series) and here is how they stack up in racing results:

2005 Outdoor MX - 7 races against each other(Stewart missed 5 rounds due to injury after crashing out)
RC 7 wins James - 0 (this was RC's second perfect season on the RMZ 450 4 stroke so not only did Stewart not beat him, no one else did either)

2006 Outdoor MX - 12 races and the only full season against each other
RC 9 wins James - 3 wins (no other winners in the class, either RC or Stewart, probably why RC said James was the fastest man on the planet, but RC was the fastest man in the universe!)

2007 Outdoor MX - RC rode 7 nationals in farewell tour at the tracks he liked, Stewart was supposed to run the entire season missing many rounds due to injury, only 5 against each other
RC 5 wins James - 0 wins (BTW, RC won all 7 events he entered on the Farewell tour, James only won 1 event in the 2007 Outdoor series and RC didn't race that one)

Overall, they raced the same class at the same time 24 Nationals and RC won 21 of the 24, James did win 3. I'll stick with my original choice and let the rest of you decide if you want to let FACTS stand in the way of your opinion.

I would say that James Stewart was better in SX than MX, and it was Crash or Win there for a while with him early in his career in the big bike class, he had RC covered in speed on the SX track for a few years, but crashes held him back, and if we took crashing and mechanicals out of the equation, then the SX argument would be where James would shine.

Again, you are looking at actual wins and losses. Many times the races RC beat JS were due to crashes. Stop being so literal. This isnt about wins vs losses. Its about a dream world where injuries, crashes and mechanicals arent part of the equation. Its about a one time race where everyone is in A game shape with zero chance of crashing. JS7 wins hands down. How many times did JS7 jump something people thought was impossible? Put a section together nobody else even thought of? Scrubbed jumps beyond belief? There is just about nobody ( except John259 ) that doesnt belief JS7 was the most talented rider every to ride.

Your opinion is that, opinion and its valuable too. but there are no facts that can answer the question the OP asked.

giphy.gif

I'm just glad to have another thread to argue about Stewart

1. Evel Knievel
2. Ricky Johnson
3. Who the hell is the Hurricane?

That video at HiPoint shows that James was the fastest guy, just crashed to much.

Never really liked him, not because he was a minority, but just thought he got "extra" treatment . But knowing what I know since my wife works at ClubMX, he definitely was a minority in the sport. I think that is why he just vanished. I think Big James fought for everything JS7 got, otherwise James would have left long before.

Glad we had him

Back