Where did your # come from..

I’ve had several numbers throughout my off and on riding.
15: 2001 because it had often been my number in team sports.
5: 2002 because that’s the number that was on the bike when we bought it.
105: 2003-2005 because I wanted a three digit number similar to my previous numbers.
577: 2006-2007 in honor of two good friends who had suffered severe injuries (Korey Deason #571 and Jimmy King #277)
445: 2010-2011 in loving memory of my cousin who had passed away in a motorcycle accident (Tyler Mourer)
229: 2017 just as a random number.
740: 2018 was my GNCC reserved number.
129: 2019 - ? Variation of my birthdate as my step son is now riding and chose his birthdate as his number.

motox37

PR Member
My dad had 37f as a flattracker in the 60,s then used it when he converted to Motocross. I just used his number and my son now uses 37. When my dad had his pro license he was 999 so when i got my pro license i used 999.

hindsy

PR Addict
My first race number was emulating my favorite rider... my dad. Later I became 57 because well my last name... Hinds 57 lol
IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg

hindsy

PR Addict
I raced at harborwoods all the time late 70 's early 80's I had a great time there.
So I was little when we were there. Started out on a jr50 then that pic on the kx 80 was the last time I raced there. I loved that track... My mom and I were just through the area there the other day and can't recall where the place was located exactly. any idea? She said it was west of I-79, but not far then north of 422... I can remember the track like it was yesterday, but not how to get there. I mean I was only 6-12 or so... lol
later in the 80's there was another track off of 422... it was at an old strip mine. I can't remember the name of it. All the doubles were tall and looked like camel humps.

honda907

PR Addict
Place called Harborwoods was over near where 422 and I79 cross in Pa. in the late 70's early 80's. Anybody else on here remember that place?I went to a Russ Darnell MX school there in the 80's too.

Yeah I remember that place. They closed down to make a golf course, but I hear it still there. All grown over.

Going down 79, man that was bumpy. Like not enough concrete between the seems at the time.

hindsy

PR Addict
Yeah I remember that place. They closed down to make a golf course, but I hear it still there. All grown over.

Going down 79, man that was bumpy. Like not enough concrete between the seems at the time.
I remember 79 up by the 90 interchange was rough like that too... Concrete had all that movement in it.
I'm gonna have to head down south and try to walk around and see what I find...

It's next to a church its been a long time since I race there.
I was so young I did not even remember that. I feel like there was a long driveway back to the track...