2019 Area and Regional schedule for Loretta Lynn’s

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Looks like I’m out for our region then. Went to Baja in 2013 and swore I’d never return. Pretty shitty when you’re racing and leading your class and you get sprayed with a water hose landing off a jump and it causes you to crash out.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Looks like I’m out for our region then. Went to Baja in 2013 and swore I’d never return. Pretty shitty when you’re racing and leading your class and you get sprayed with a water hose landing off a jump and it causes you to crash out.

You Got a better chance of hittin the lottery with that attitude !

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Supercoops before regionals. Roll in about noon. One of my favorite tracks ever. Don’t blame the track, blame the people that only ride the track surface they are good on.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

663dad

PR Addict
I dont get having a regional at a track like baja. Guys from ohio better just head to a different region.
2013 my boy qualified in three classes there, just have to ride a little looser in the sand. This was also the last year they 160' downhill ski jump.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I came closest at Baja the last year I tried, but I did grow up riding slot of southern sand. Maybe I'll try again for a little redemption. Had I found a way to keep sand out of my mouth while sucking air, and got rid of that crap 4cs suspension, I may have been able to make it happen. Puked during two Moto's from sand in my throat. I felt ok about 10th given my circumstances. Lol

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I dont get having a regional at a track like baja. Guys from ohio better just head to a different region.
I actually find it to be the opposite. Do some sand training and give yourself the edge on anyone that isn’t prepared. Everyone seems to be prepared for a track like Highpoint(which is a great track as well) so the racing can be more difficult IMO. Plus Baja is your best training for LL anyways.

No matter which regional, the track is your biggest competition, so train for the track.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I actually find it to be the opposite. Do some sand training and give yourself the edge on anyone that isn’t prepared. Everyone seems to be prepared for a track like Highpoint(which is a great track as well) so the racing can be more difficult IMO. Plus Baja is your best training for LL anyways.

No matter which regional, the track is your biggest competition, so train for the track.
How did you finish at LL this year man?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

Somewhat true, but the last time this happened, if memory serves, there were so many at high point that riders had a better shot at Baja. Seems like it worked in reverse. I could be wrong though, and I probably am.

John250

PR Founding Father
I can see that. Where everyone would prefer the track conditions at high point. But those guys that race Baja on a regular basis fly in those conditions.

motox37

PR Member
Riding Baja for me in 2016 was like riding the old Honda Hills. Lots of throttle and very little brakes. Having the last regional there, means all the fast guys that qualify won't show. The chances are better imo. I may go to High Point but Baja has me excited. I know there is no Honda Hills anymore but if there was Ohio riders would rip at Baja. It's a shame

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Riding Baja for me in 2016 was like riding the old Honda Hills. Lots of throttle and very little brakes. Having the last regional there, means all the fast guys that qualify won't show. The chances are better imo. I may go to High Point but Baja has me excited. I know there is no Honda Hills anymore but if there was Ohio riders would rip at Baja. It's a shame
What Honda Hills were you riding at ? I remember a hard pack track with a lot of rocks in places.

motox37

PR Member
What Honda Hills were you riding at ? I remember a hard pack track with a lot of rocks in places.
In the 80's Dick would have sawdust from the Quarter horse congress spread all over the track, manure included. It was about 2 feet thick just like sand. Thats what i grew up racing, wide open all the way around and really slick underneath. You used the sawdust to stop and turn. It's a shame the younger generations didn't get to experience it. It kept dust at a minimum, was fast so it taught you how to ride in those conditions. Thats why i said it's a shame. There's nothing like that around to prepare you for turning your bike like you have to in sand to keep your momentum up