Maintenance schedules

hershey

PR Elite
Are some of you guys saying to CLEAN the air filter or REPLACE the filter every so often?
I have never started a bike that did not have a clean filter in it. Unless I stall during a moto. Other than that it get cleaned between every moto and obviously every ride.
That Notoil stuff is awesome. Washes out all the dirt and crap in 30 seconds. Hairdryer for 2 minuets re-oil and back in. Why would you not use it?
Used that nasty bell-Rey crap back in the day and hated it. But it does work. Just a pain to work with.

Gee, I wonder how the GNCC riders make it a full 3 hours in the dusty summer months without stopping every 15 mins to change an air filter???

John250

PR Founding Father
There are many times I come in from the races, and the air filter is not even dirty after racing all day. The Yamaha has rocks down in the filter area that need sucked up with my vacuum, but the filter is not dirty. And NO WAY the oil needs changed after one day at the races. Those guys are wasting their money and time.

I prefer crude oil straight out of the ground once a season and for an air filtration unit I just spray the intake down with 80-90 unless it's really dusty than I hit the airbox with some chain lube. Got 400 hrs on my 99 ttr 125 runs like a top.
Wait....these things have oil and air-what’s????

Crazy.

85cc. Always
450. As needed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Double D

PR Founding Father
I prefer crude oil straight out of the ground once a season and for an air filtration unit I just spray the intake down with 80-90 unless it's really dusty than I hit the airbox with some chain lube. Got 400 hrs on my 99 ttr 125 runs like a top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Crude oil??!!!! WTF. The left over bacon grease from Sunday morning makes my bikes rip!
I say left over, cause I always save a bacon grease sandwich for between motos.

Dano762

PR Addict
No, I don’t use crude oil or bacon grease. Since I am from Kentucky, I use a multi-purpose water based lubricant.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

jj584

PR Addict
Bacon grease adds a horse or a horse and a half but they say you have to run race gas and reflash.