Changes to the Daytona Amateur SX program

John250

PR Founding Father
Looking on the racedaytona.com website, it looks like they are changing up the Tuesday program at Daytona. It was amateur and Pro ATV on Tuesday. Looks to me like they are doing away with the Amateur ATV racing and going with Vintage bike classes and Pro only ATVs. Some of you Vintage guys can now make the trip to Daytona for some racing.

https://racedaytona.com/pages/rcsx-vintage-classes

MW850

PR Member
Looking on the racedaytona.com website, it looks like they are changing up the Tuesday program at Daytona. It was amateur and Pro ATV on Tuesday. Looks to me like they are doing away with the Amateur ATV racing and going with Vintage bike classes and Pro only ATVs. Some of you Vintage guys can now make the trip to Daytona for some racing.

https://racedaytona.com/pages/rcsx-vintage-classes
How much is entry fee for this race??

John250

PR Founding Father
Entry is $80 plus a bunch of other fees. Click the link below, and all the fees are listed. It cost me and my son (3 classes), Garage, Entry (Fri-Tues), pit vehicle, and gate entry $635. Then add $160 for my wife and daughter to enter for amateur days only, and we have our own transponders so we save that cost. I will have $795 invested just to get in the speedway and racing before you add in everything else.

https://racedaytona.com/pages/admission-fees

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
5 day pass to Disneyland is $239/per person. Family of four: 1195 no lodging or food with that. And you don’t even get to race!

There’s a doctor I work with who asked me about racing and how to get his one son who is interested into it. When I told him the cost he was like...nope. I think I’m gonna mess with him a little bit with this Disneyland thing because he goes every year with his family of like 6.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
I think if families can't, or don't want to afford MX, BMX is another great option. I had to buy my own bicycles from the time I was 9. My folks paid my entries. And depending where you are, it doesn't take up a whole day or weekend, unless you are going to some regional or national races.

I don't see myself ever going to Daytona for those prices.....unless I get to the point where I've got money to burn....even then....it would be hard for me.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Entry is $80 plus a bunch of other fees. Click the link below, and all the fees are listed. It cost me and my son (3 classes), Garage, Entry (Fri-Tues), pit vehicle, and gate entry $635. Then add $160 for my wife and daughter to enter for amateur days only, and we have our own transponders so we save that cost. I will have $795 invested just to get in the speedway and racing before you add in everything else.

https://racedaytona.com/pages/admission-fees

No wonder numbers are down.

F THAT.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Numbers are down?

For the Daytona SX, classes are capped at 32 or 64.
Last year, I believe the only classes that didn't cap out were super mini and the girls class.

In the verbiage about the event they mention a + 60 class but I don't see anything over +50 listed on the class list???

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
160296_cem_0940.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
FYI - I see:
Cameron - behind RC's green flag
Me - last pic, above the "R" in Thor, next to the guy in the orange hat checking his phone.

I had a total blast at this event.

Edit: In the last photo I found Rich now too....lol
Edit x2 - I see Bones from PC standing cross armed ..

Last edited:

MX955

PitRacer Pro
FYI - I see:
Cameron - behind RC's green flag
Me - last pic, above the "R" in Thor, next to the guy in the orange hat checking his phone.

I had a total blast at this event.

Dang, good eye!

I'm excited to go back again this year too! Let's hope for nice weather again

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Hummm - Depends - It's the first year for the old bikes so who knows???

I think some classes will be sold out- for sure.
I think Rev - 125 for sure - that's 2008 & older. A lot of folks have a bike for that.

The older bikes - ??? not sure.....
How many guys won't even consider a SX because they'll be afraid - for themselves and the bikes.

Yet - It could be one of the biggest gates. I say that because there is a big Vintage following down south.
Waldo has a really good turnout for their Vintage MXDN race.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Last year they tamed the track down for Sunday & Monday's amateur racing (not by much though) they did more "shortening" than "taming".
Then on Tuesday they opened the track up even more for the Quads. Taking out the bowl turns, the Big Booters and making larger gaps between jumps.
I'd expect they'll be doing the same type of track tune-up for the vintage bikes.