Vintage racing coming to Daytona

John250

PR Founding Father
Looking on the racedaytona.com website, it looks like they are changing up the Tuesday program at Daytona. It was amateur and Pro ATV on Tuesday. Looks to me like they are doing away with the Amateur ATV racing and going with Vintage bike classes and Pro only ATVs. Some of you Vintage guys can now make the trip to Daytona for some racing.

https://racedaytona.com/pages/rcsx-vintage-classes

Reactions: DTS
I think it would be fun to hang out an extra day and ride the track some more.
And to be out with nothing but 125's ...now that sounds really fun.

No AHRMA needed or anything like that right?

Damn - now I gotta work on the 125.

....And I wish I had a 98 RM 125

They didn't have all that many quads last year.
I hung around and watched some before taking off.
Let me tell you - if you ever want to see something sketchy - go watch quad SX.
Even though they tamed the track down from the amateur bike riders track, it still looked like a bunch of Carps that had gotten loose on the dock.

They can't drop the front end -
It's ugly ....

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to hang out an extra day and ride the track some more.
And to be out with nothing but 125's ...now that sounds really fun.

No AHRMA needed or anything like that right?

Damn - now I gotta work on the 125.

....And I wish I had a 98 RM 125
I have a 96

They are offering class discounts now.
Screenshot_20190124-134605_Email.jpg

Yeah them including A riders in the mix isn't great. They have a 50+ C class for some reason. If anything they should have done the opposite with A separate from B and C. I can live with back of the back as long as someone takes a picture of me riding that track! I also heard some aren't happy about the fees and cost so maybe this was an answer to that. I am lucky in that I have family with a nice house with a pool on a golf course 50 miles away so I am making it a trip with my oldest daughter on spring break. Lets also not forget us vintage guys like to see what the weather is doing before we commit!

Yeah them including A riders in the mix isn't great. They have a 50+ C class for some reason. If anything they should have done the opposite with A separate from B and C. I can live with back of the back as long as someone takes a picture of me riding that track! I also heard some aren't happy about the fees and cost so maybe this was an answer to that. I am lucky in that I have family with a nice house with a pool on a golf course 50 miles away so I am making it a trip with my oldest daughter on spring break. Lets also not forget us vintage guys like to see what the weather is doing before we commit!

Bill, I am planning to be there next week running Vintage 250 and possibly Vintage 125. Very low expectations for results, but hoping to have some fun.
I’m a bit concerned about the track we’ll be racing, though...how Vintage friendly will it be?

I guess we will find out! I just looked Stanton is 50 but they said he is going to ride Evo3 125, Revo1250, and Evo2 on a YZ100. I hope it stays that way because him being in 50+ or Evo3250 would probably cost me a lap at least! I have to think they are going to try and make it fun for everyone so they can do it in the future.

Looks like a fantastic "Bucket List" opportunity, wish I could do it but just got back from a 4 week SoCal trip. And heading to Florida for the AHRMA race in a few weeks. You guy will remember the fun long after you forget
the cost.

Back