Lit-Pro vs. Sports Watch vs. GPS vs. Auto Lap time

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I have been recently looking at getting a watch to track lap times automatically, usually I am riding with my buddies and nobody is ever sitting there during practice clicking lap times (painfully boring anyway). After doing some research people are saying watches really are not accurate enough for moto. The data from lit-pro is simply amazing and it honestly might be worth the coin. What do you guys use?

https://www.litprolive.com/

I use a garmin vivo active 3 when i ride.. more so for entertainment purpose, no serious training here.. im sure its not very accurate but gives me a pretty rough idea of laps, heart rate at any given time on those laps, etc

by design it does not track by position, only by distance.. theres a powersports app that was like $3 that allows you to start an activity and mark the laps based on position. when im done it shows me the over view on a map of my paths etc.

definitely neat but again, im sure its not super accurate. but for under $300 it does what i want and still looks like a decent watch that i can still wear every day.

Yeah some of those watches are pretty pricey. Lit Pro is on sale right now for $450 which is probably pretty close to a mid level watch. Not that it will matter much to me but it would still be cool to check laptimes between motos and that kind of stuff. Experiment with new lines etc.

I can't remember the name of it, but I have one that is older. It was actually what Mike Katin used. There is a IR light or laser that mounts on the side of the track. Then there is a receiver that straps on your front fender. It will record lap times and such, but it also has a red and green light that lights up after every lap to tell you if that was a slower or faster lap than the previous one. It makes you mad real quick.

I've been using the garmin vivoactive 3 as well. It works pretty well. You just have to setup the segments on Strava to make it accurate.

Tank, where do you mount yours? Are you using it with the lit pro app free or paid subscription? At that price might be worth a try!

I mounted it on top of my helmet, the other place they recommend is on top of front fender at base of number plate. So far the paid subscription is free, not sure if it is related to Corona or what. Think its $10 a month normal

$10 a month.....to get the edge. Analytics take the guess work out of stringing a fast lap. Seems worth it for the racer for sure.

I mounted it on top of my helmet, the other place they recommend is on top of front fender at base of number plate. So far the paid subscription is free, not sure if it is related to Corona or what. Think its $10 a month normal

Ran my xgps for the first time Sat. 2 issues I ran into. MX Acres seems to have terrible signal if you have Verizon so syncing was not working. (Had a buddy who had ATT and the app sync to his phone.) Also I noted no data acquisition on jumps. Maybe that's a paid feature? I see some notes in the app that kinda indicate this. Are you getting jump data?

It's definitely is a slick little tool. Takes a while to understand how to use it. Some better directions would have been helpful but the guys were super cool and the support has so far been helpful.

Ran my xgps for the first time Sat. 2 issues I ran into. MX Acres seems to have terrible signal if you have Verizon so syncing was not working. (Had a buddy who had ATT and the app sync to his phone.) Also I noted no data acquisition on jumps. Maybe that's a paid feature? I see some notes in the app that kinda indicate this. Are you getting jump data?

It's definitely is a slick little tool. Takes a while to understand how to use it. Some better directions would have been helpful but the guys were super cool and the support has so far been helpful.
I do not get any jump data. I don't think the xgps can do that you need the original litpro. They thought it was worth losing the jump data in order to drop the price so much.
I spent a rainy day watching the how to videos on the site, very helpful. I agree that the customer service has been great so far.

Back