NBC Sports to take over SX broadcasting...

Special_K 415

PR Member
Just read the email from ME Supercross announcing that NBC sports will be taking over the broadcasting for 2019 SX. As if 10pm wasn't already late enough to watch (I know time zones) but some races won't start until 11 pm with two of those being Beast coast races, Indy and Nashville. Round 4 won't even air until the next day. Guess I'll just have to spring for that "gold pass" for $75. Just another way the networks make more money...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

John250

PR Founding Father
Yeah. Amazing live nation or who ever runs supercross and mx sports cant get a better TV deal. So everyone buy the $89.99 package and how much goes back to them so they make more money.

Boxing tried pay per view and didnt work out so well for them.

weaver658

PR Member
Perhaps the races that aren’t live are because nbc already had the time slots filled. This deal was done somewhat late.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Motocross will never be football the sooner people realize that the better. I’m betting majority of people don’t even have cable or satellite anymore. Saturdays you’re supposed to be at the track riding anyway, I’m glad it doesn’t start til 10.

Netflix $15
Pro SX/MX Pass $90

I’m out less money for a whole year than one month of premium TV.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Michael

PR Addict
The package is good for existing fans, not so good for picking up new viewers. The fact they've switched to this tells me growth is slowing or is already stagnant.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Salt Lake SX has 800k viewers. A video of Darryn Durham riding a cr125 around a field in PA has 8.7 million views on YouTube. You’re not going to pull young people from a good tv package. Social media has HUGE pull on young people today. People don’t watch TV the same way anymore.

premix

PR Member
Motocross will never be football the sooner people realize that the better. I’m betting majority of people don’t even have cable or satellite anymore. Saturdays you’re supposed to be at the track riding anyway, I’m glad it doesn’t start til 10.

Netflix $15
Pro SX/MX Pass $90

I’m out less money for a whole year than one month of premium TV.

Exactly. MX/SX will never be mainstream. It’s just the way it is. Have never paid for cable or a dish a day in my life. Anyone still paying for that is living in days gone bye and needs to get with the times or get left behind. Look at what the Red Bull App is doing for action sports. Honestly, it’s the new ESPN.

And the limited internet access is an invalid argument. I’ve seen that brought up a few times now, I’ve been in some damn remote parts of the country and have only had an issue maybe a couple of times. I’m sure the people that buy into that argument though also still write checks for their mortgage and bills.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m gonna miss FS1. Had it down. Could catch it anywhere on Hulu.

Now I gotta fork out another $90 to watch supercross. Damn it.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
You guys are complaining about spend $90 a year on live and unlimited viewing of MX&SX ?
I would gladly pay double. I've had zero issues with the app thru both seasons of MX. I love the convenience of watching or listening anywhere.