What ever happend to....

fluidpower

PR Member
JT Kurtz?
Todd Polling?
Mark Weaver?

Just fast guys that I saw mentioned on a D11 throwback thread on FB. Someone had posted results from cyclenews.....

Just curious.

If its Tom Poling your talking about, Hes on FB. I don't think he rides anymore, Has a couple kids I think.

JT Kurtz pretty much settled into a simple domestic life. (without racing). But last I heard, he's still around.
Been a few years since I've spoke to him, but talked with his Dad last December, 2017. His Dad is one of our Electric Shop retiree's where I work.

I ran a maintenance shop in a Bakery for 10 years from 1988 to 1998, and JT was one of our mechanics for a time. He was still there when I left the company.
The way JT described it to me was that he raced all the way through his school years. All of the racing pretty much came to a sudden stop after he won his class at Lorretta's. His Dad pulled the plug at that point and quit financing the racing so that pretty much ended it for him.

At one point when we were co-workers, a local motorcycle shop in town, Wimer's Cycles, would have him race one of their bikes on occasion locally. JT got to race at the very last Flat Track event held at Honda Hills. He was an impressive rider even though flat track wasn't his area of expertise.

JT was a good worker and a lot of fun to hang around with. I knew his brother and sister-in-law pretty well too. Good people.
Really miss those days.

JT Kurtz pretty much settled into a simple domestic life. (without racing). But last I heard, he's still around.
Been a few years since I've spoke to him, but talked with his Dad last December, 2017. His Dad is one of our Electric Shop retiree's where I work.

I ran a maintenance shop in a Bakery for 10 years from 1988 to 1998, and JT was one of our mechanics for a time. He was still there when I left the company.
The way JT described it to me was that he raced all the way through his school years. All of the racing pretty much came to a sudden stop after he won his class at Lorretta's. His Dad pulled the plug at that point and quit financing the racing so that pretty much ended it for him.

At one point when we were co-workers, a local motorcycle shop in town, Wimer's Cycles, would have him race one of their bikes on occasion locally. JT got to race at the very last Flat Track event held at Honda Hills. He was an impressive rider even though flat track wasn't his area of expertise.

JT was a good worker and a lot of fun to hang around with. I knew his brother and sister-in-law pretty well too. Good people.
Really miss those days.

The vault shows that his last trip to LL was a 35th in 125A in 1984. Man that kid was fast...

Mark Weaver is still in the zansville area. His son Matt has started a family. From what I see on FB, mark is busy being a good grandpa.

Todd Poling promoted MX and HS at a ski area in the late 1980's. A fun place, racing up and down the ski hills. TNT SPORTS, C/0 TODD POLING. 30926 LAKE LOGAN RD., LOGAN, OH 43138; LOCATION: ECHO HILLS SKI CENTER, LOGAN. OH

Does Mark Weaver still have a little repair shop in Adamsville?

I still have some photo's of Muskingum Valley Raceway there in Adamsville. The wife, son and I went there one Wednesday evening for an open practice. Fun track.

I still have some photo's of Muskingum Valley Raceway there in Adamsville. The wife, son and I went there one Wednesday evening for an open practice. Fun track.
I ran their Friday night series back in the day and ended up winning every open B and 4stroke race THEY had there for the series

I ran their Friday night series back in the day and ended up winning every open B and 4stroke race THEY had there for the series
Oh yeah, well I won the vintage class. I won an Open B years before. And Mark Weaver is standing beside the fence in my only holeshot pic. Lol!
Scan067, January 26, 2005.jpg

Back