Supercross Futures

John250

PR Founding Father
The Supercross Futures starts this season. 9 rounds and the National Championship at Sam Boyd in October. I am surprised they did not work out something to include Daytona as part of the series, but even at the pro level there is a total promoter disconnect with Daytona. Surprised it has even stayed on the schedule actually.

My question is, with Supercross moving to the fore front of American motocross, how long will it take before kids are traveling and racing all the future events, and putting Loretta Lynn's and the qualifiers and regionals on the back burner because the SX futures is more important for exposure?

May never happen, but you never know. One is promoted by Feld and LL and Daytona by MX Sports on the Amateur side...so not like either is concerned with the other. I can just see the way the sport is in America, that the Futures events could become big events for all the fast amateurs to attend.

https://register.supercrossfutures.com/

hindsy

PR Addict
Could see LL changing since outdoor MX is not the premier of the sport any longer. Maybe it would open doors for some "real" amateurs to claim a LL championship. Man I'm so out of the loop... I didn't even know what they meant by Futures... thanks John now I understand.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
About Us:

Supercross Futures AMA National Championship is the official advancement platform of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship.
The series provides an exclusive opportunity for amateur competition on a full-size, Supercross track.
This experience is designed to produce a higher-quality, more competitive stadium racing landscape with an advanced path to Monster Energy Supercross.

John250

PR Founding Father
Do you think some amateurs will put more emphasis on this though than going the LL route in the future?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
No they’ll do both! Get injured and burned out twice as fast. Road to sx was pretty much bs. Now they’re doing this. Good option I suppose. What’s it gonna cost $600 a round ???

Matt Mangano

PR Member
The way they’re making it sound and the way the pro riders talked about it at MEC is that the tracks won’t be tamed down for amateur day. Maybe they keep the rhythm sections the same and just make the triples into doubles?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I bet they take out whoops. Or knock them down. I can’t imagine they keep some of that technical
Stuff. You’ll have the local hospitals full. I about s**t my pants at Detroit years ago watching pros struggle In practice. Can’t imagine seeing c riders out there !!!

They’re just ensuring they keep the flow of racers coming into pro sx.

Like nursing school. They pump out new nurses twice a year by the thousands. Market gets flooded. Can pay them less....

And on the flip side how cool
Is it that the average Joe can go race the same
Track the next day ? NASCAR don’t do that.....

Pros/cons. But not paying sx riders doesn’t affect me. Having fun on a motorcycle does affect me.......

John250

PR Founding Father
They will tame the track down. They do a great job in daytona taming it down but yet making it competitive and challenging.

These events are about staying on schedule and making money. The last thing they want are riders laying on the ground holding up the schedule.

owndjoo

PR Member
This is exciting. We raced at Pontiac back in 2000 with the MRA the day after SX. They definitely tamed the track down a bit. But last year wasn’t the first time there was an Amateur day. Having this as a series will be good to replace the AC series for sure. But atleast with AX you got into a lot more towns. Difficult for amateurs to travel the series across the country. I would def be interested in giving it a shot eventually though.

John250

PR Founding Father
There have been Amateur days after SX in years past. In the mid 90s I races indy several times. Race Cleveland. Pontiac. Daytona for 10 years now. It's not something new. Just new on a larger scale.

owndjoo

PR Member
D
There have been Amateur days after SX in years past. In the mid 90s I races indy several times. Race Cleveland. Pontiac. Daytona for 10 years now. It's not something new. Just new on a larger scale.
definitely The first time they have organized it like this. A positive step in the right direction for sure.

I bet they take out whoops. Or knock them down. I can’t imagine they keep some of that technical
Stuff. You’ll have the local hospitals full. I about s**t my pants at Detroit years ago watching pros struggle In practice. Can’t imagine seeing c riders out there !!!

They’re just ensuring they keep the flow of racers coming into pro sx.

Like nursing school. They pump out new nurses twice a year by the thousands. Market gets flooded. Can pay them less....

And on the flip side how cool
Is it that the average Joe can go race the same
Track the next day ? NASCAR don’t do that.....

Pros/cons. But not paying sx riders doesn’t affect me. Having fun on a motorcycle does affect me.......

The AX track crews from last year and years prior are supposed to come in Saturday night and take the track over. Should still have whoops like all the AX Amateur days usually did. Track should still be pretty easy and safe for all skill levels, but they are 100% going to have some degree of difficulty for the guys trying to get their SX points.