So are we all using “no toil” now?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
washing In your sink......good coverage. And not that expensive.

I’ve used belray for along time and finally jumped ship.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I used it once and didn't like it. I usually used silkolene spray oil and also bought a gallon of twin air cleaner and put it in a twin air wash tub. Feel like with no toil I never got a filter looking brand new again.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
mine always look new even after using them for a season with no toil. i wont use anything else. i do run their filters too but dont think that matters, the stock filter is in rotation and cleans up fine too.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I bought a pre oiled no toil filter. Just to see how much they put on. Ordered a buncha wiseco filters. ProX. I’ve used them a lot last few years and they hold Up to the punishment of belray.

jfalat

PR Addict
i use belray..clean the filter in parts washer and wash with de greaser i get from work... work great for me...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Do you guys use simple green as well?

No toil has this cleaner powder. You put it in a bucket of water. Let it sit. Comes out brand new looking. And can dump it down the drain.

I’m just over the sticky ass oil. Get a splotch on your hand and it’s sticky for a week.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I used to used Belray and was hooked on it for YEARS and finally last year switched over to using Twin Air and haven't had any issues. Easy to clean the filters, I use Simple Green and less mess than using the old Belray.

hershey

PR Elite
I used it once and didn't like it. I usually used silkolene spray oil and also bought a gallon of twin air cleaner and put it in a twin air wash tub. Feel like with no toil I never got a filter looking brand new again.

You must have done something wrong then, No toil on any filter I have ever used comes out so well and the filters always look brand new. I was amazed the first time I tried it.

The last few times I put them in the washing machine. Since I have Austin and I both riding now I have about 15 filters in total between the 2 bikes. When I get them all used up I throw them all in, put in the cleaner right in along with a little regular detergent ( per no toil instructions ) and they come out perfect with zero work. And the washing machine isnt dirty and the eco freaks are happy too!

jfalat

PR Addict
Do you guys use simple green as well?

No toil has this cleaner powder. You put it in a bucket of water. Let it sit. Comes out brand new looking. And can dump it down the drain.

I’m just over the sticky ass oil. Get a splotch on your hand and it’s sticky for a week.
i use a mixture of simple green and tide to clean my bike.. not the air filter.

hershey

PR Elite
Go to dollar general store and pick up Mean Green. Same as Simple Green, works every bit as good and its one third the price of it. $5 a gallon

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i use mean green on the bike, i dilute it half and half... its pretty strong and even half water half mean green it still does the job just as good.

for the no toil oil it works best to clean it with their cleaner, dont mix up cleaner/oil products. although i've 'heard' oxyclean cleans the notoil oil up well, never tried it.. no reason to. i buy the cleaner/oil by the gallon.

HalfPint

PR Addict
i used no toil on my bikes, the big filters on my trucks cold air intake, the filter on my rc truck and the always look like new!!!!

BILL88L

PR Addict
I've been using no toil for 15+ years for both MX and Enduro stuff. Never once have I seen dirt on the inside of the filter. I keep at least 2 filters for both bikes and when I get down to having only 1 clean I toss the 3 dirty ones in the washing machine. You put half their powder in and half laundry powder. I use their oil and rim grease and from what I understand you have to because it is biodegradable. They sell kits with all 3. Best to do on a new or very clean filter but the cleaner only works with their product-it may not clean an oily filter. I normally let them sun bathe on my patio after washing and do not tumble dry.

Really good results for me over a long time. Took these pictures today of a used filter after cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 136

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Dislike. I have some no toil left if you like. What a freaking mess too. White crap everywhere. I have my own tried a trued method at home, but was looking for an at track method last year at Unadilla, tried no toil, one and done.

663dad

PR Addict
I've been using no toil for 15+ years for both MX and Enduro stuff. Never once have I seen dirt on the inside of the filter. I keep at least 2 filters for both bikes and when I get down to having only 1 clean I toss the 3 dirty ones in the washing machine. You put half their powder in and half laundry powder. I use their oil and rim grease and from what I understand you have to because it is biodegradable. They sell kits with all 3. Best to do on a new or very clean filter but the cleaner only works with their product-it may not clean an oily filter. I normally let them sun bathe on my patio after washing and do not tumble dry.

Really good results for me over a long time. Took these pictures today of a used filter after cleaning.
Ditto

fluidpower

PR Member
Dislike. I have some no toil left if you like. What a freaking mess too. White crap everywhere. I have my own tried a trued method at home, but was looking for an at track method last year at Unadilla, tried no toil, one and done.

Agreed and when my engine builder told me he didn't like it, I quit immediately. Can't remember why, just remember he told me to use Twin Air products.