Carolinas

hershey

PR Elite
I cant imagine having my kid getting killed. Ive had words a few times with full size riders riding like they are racing a national in practice way too close to Austin. In this situation though it seems the rider simply didnt know the kid was on the other side of a jump. I can honestly see both sides of the argument. Sad.

John250

PR Founding Father
There is an A rider laying in a coma for more than 3 weeks now from landing on a C rider at Windy Ridge. Both were in ICU and took chopper rides.

These tracks have open practice. When there is a couple hundred people there, they need to issue different color stickers and control who is on the track when in my opinion. They also need to have a few flaggers on blind jumps. If they are charging the same amount to practice as race, this is the least the can do. The A rider at Windy landed on the C guy over a big triple.

Accidents happen. But tracks can do better to avoid stuff like this in my opinion.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Wow, terrible to read about that child.
So what is the argument against practice sessions?
Saying MX is an inherently dangerous sport is not a reason to do nothing. Its THE reason to do everything you can.

Double D

PR Founding Father
At some point. Parents have to use a little common sense. Sounds like the kid should not of been on any AB track at all. Probably a beginners track like, Apple Cabin would be good for him.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Well yea because dirtbikes and racing its so easy. Bike does all the work.

Life jackets make kids swim too...

Gotta get those false sense of securities to go away.

hershey

PR Elite
At some point. Parents have to use a little common sense. Sounds like the kid should not of been on any AB track at all. Probably a beginners track like, Apple Cabin would be good for him.

But it also sounds like the parent didnt understand this. No reason the track shouldnt be able to help here either.

Chip.324

Noob
in reply to John250... I was at the track that day, as you signed in they asked you your skill level and gave different color stickers to people. There was an A/B group, a C/vet group, 85/65, 50s... also the riders in the C/vet practice were all told NOT to jump the jump where the accident occurred. I heard the man checking stickers telling people that. I’m not saying anything negatively about the person(s) involved but I saw pictures of the same rider jumping that jump while other riders did not. I have been riding since I was 4 and I’m now 30, raced A class and did a fine job at it, I don’t even jump that jump when riders are near me that may/may not do it and you can most certainly see if someone infront of you is doing it or not. I feel like the track did their part in making sure people were riding with their skill level. You can’t have someone watching that jump every lap and making guys pull off who do it and shouldn’t have..... just saying at some point, as riders, we have to be responsible for our actions. It’s unfortunate for all involved.