San Diego Bikes

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone else see the photos of the bikes after the mudder in San Diego? The lime they mixed in with the dirt destroyed the bikes. All etched and coatings coming off. Look like they have sat out next to the ocean for 5 years.

The factories will just get new parts. I feel bad for the privateers who just had expensive bikes destroyed in 30 minutes of racing.

How would you like to be riding a supercross futures event and it rains. You come home and find your new bike destroyed?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Anyone else see the photos of the bikes after the mudder in San Diego? The lime they mixed in with the dirt destroyed the bikes. All etched and coatings coming off. Look like they have sat out next to the ocean for 5 years.

The factories will just get new parts. I feel bad for the privateers who just had expensive bikes destroyed in 30 minutes of racing.

How would you like to be riding a supercross futures event and it rains. You come home and find your new bike destroyed?
Yeah, I saw Bowers bike on Twitter. Just a shame. Not only the bikes, but body as well... Feld needs to own up to that one. We all make mistakes, but winners make them right... or at least attempt to. Some peeps will never be happy. You know any of them? lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

hershey

PR Elite
s1600_cr22.jpg

Reeds bike

Screenshot_20190204-121053.jpg

Roczen posted he couldn't ride today because is butt is still too sore from rashes from the lime.

NQ1965

PR Elite
WOW That Sucks !!! If I were a Privateer and that happened to my bike, I think it would make me vomit.:(

Just watched the highlights video. Love watching a good mud race.
It's not quite the same though when they stall. Unlike the old days when a poor racer, exhausted, had to kick and kick to get that bitch restarted.

hershey

PR Elite
Screenshot_20190204-140228.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-140240.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-140213.jpg

Bad stuff. I remember back in the early 00's racing at Wayne Co speedway with a brand new bike. Same scenario, mudfest. Turns out they used lime on the dirt track and the runoff brought it into the mx track. My bike was ruined. I was pissed to say the least. Didn't blame the track though.

four26stroker

PR Member
The FIM needs to hold someone responsible before the finger gets pointed in their direction. I find the use of this material on a track an out right poisoning. Datona week you'll be able to pick mushrooms off the track from manure content. If you won't eat the dirt on your track, posting what's in it, like cereal might help. Toxic waste keeps the dust down, plus the glow makes for great night races. They should claim on the Insurance program and sue as a group of teams, rider for future regulation.

Admit it but I'd take an HRC team bike for $900 that includes shipping to 44023.

Last edited:

moto856

PR Member
It's ridiculous they knew it was going to be raining. They should have mixed in saw dust and sand least be lot safer.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Interesting. I’m sure this will result in Feld paying each rider a whole $15. But pickup a sponsorship from Gold Bond.
Isn’t this an AMA event? Where are they? FIM will blame someone else. But don’t they have someone at the events? MX Sports I’m sure will blame the track crew. In the end some local weekend helper will be the fall guy.

four26stroker

PR Member
Yes it may have caused the issue...This is going down like your insurance cutting a check at the accident. You take this check sign this release...cheaper than court and possible judge decision over a huge mistake. Make it go away move on look Respectful doing it

Dano762

PR Addict
Yea, caustics will do that to ya lol. I work in the chemical field but Jesus isn’t this common knowledge ?

That is what I am wondering. It took about 2 minutes for me to learn how nasty this stuff is.

I find so inexplicable that this was an option to mix humans and this crap. Somebody was pure dumbass - how could they not anticipate the outcome. My dad warned me this was nasty stuff when I was 15 years old and would mix it in with our garden.

Do tracks use it a lot without us knowing?