Track Owners...

mshafer62

PR Addict
It seems like forever since we rode outdoor moto in Ohio and this upcoming weekend's
temps are looking like 50's-60's in Central Ohio. Looking at the Practice Forum there is
only 1 post from a track being open this weekend.

Possibly it's accurate and only 1 track will be open but that seems off with the weather
turning nice.

Please, make it easy for us, your potential customers, and use PitRacer to announce
your Practice and Race events. Yes, you can still post events on other social media sites
and your own website +++. I seem to remember a widget someone created that allows
you to post to 3 or 4 sites at the same time. Possibly PR management can comment?

Do others agree or do you enjoy searching for open tracks on multiple sites?

Looking forward to Moto2019!

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Track owners, at least some, see the post reach on fb and think how great it is. Has to be better than PR. The problem is on fb the post reach isn't always their target crowd. Actually 90% of the reach isn't most likely. People say PR has too many complainers and fb doesnt. LOL... have you seen the crap that comes down on fb? Much much worse.

PR is a track owners paradise. You can post here and if you post on fb you can link it to your account here also. With one post, it will automatically post to both sites! PR is an MX dedicated site with 100% of viewers wanting to ride. How much better is that?

Viewers can more easily see what all tracks are doing in one place instead spending literally hours on fb or instanugget. Please track owners, post on here !!

DC817

PR Addict
Agree. Was hoping to ride outdoors last weekend. Wasn’t until Sunday late afternoon that I saw pics from Switchback on social media or I would’ve been there. Used to always come to PR to find where was open. I guess that’s changed a little during my 10 year break.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Track owners, at least some, see the post reach on fb and think how great it is. Has to be better than PR. The problem is on fb the post reach isn't always their target crowd. Actually 90% of the reach isn't most likely. People say PR has too many complainers and fb doesnt. LOL... have you seen the crap that comes down on fb? Much much worse.

PR is a track owners paradise. You can post here and if you post on fb you can link it to your account here also. With one post, it will automatically post to both sites! PR is an MX dedicated site with 100% of viewers wanting to ride. How much better is that?

Viewers can more easily see what all tracks are doing in one place instead spending literally hours on fb or instanugget. Please track owners, post on here !!

Paradise is a bit of a stretch......don't you think? A solid marketing opportunity is probably better. Heck I still have people that call our landline every week to see if we are open. I would not rule anything out. I did some testing last year, and found people that only used instagram.

MX099

PR Addict
Tomahawk 3/17, it was only high 50 but it sure was great to turn some laps.
BA4D9EFE-AD0E-47EB-B555-18AD668245E8.jpeg

hershey

PR Elite
Paradise is a bit of a stretch......don't you think? A solid marketing opportunity is probably better. Heck I still have people that call our landline every week to see if we are open. I would not rule anything out. I did some testing last year, and found people that only used instagram.

Not a stretch at all. From a marketing standpoint. I know you understand it because you take the most advantage of it.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Add me to the insta only category now. FB is annoying and played out. I've been on FB maybe 5 times since the beginning of the year and only to use the market place. Otherwise, I'll be watching here for info.

k01

PR Elite
I gots no FB friends......;)

I got back on FB to follow GP, vintage and my basketball group stuff. Somebody at COCR posts there and gets shares. It is a means to get the word out and some tracks make good use of it. Fast Traxx does well with FB. But I have always liked a forum format better.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Seems the most up-to date info is always on Facebook. If you don’t like Facebook, don’t like and add a bunch of people and s**t. Like and friend the track owners.. that’s all. Nothing else. Then you see no garbage.. just what you wanna see, like track updates..

Man this 2019 technology stuff is tough.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I don't have the patience to go through and clean up my Facebook to rid the bs. I weighed it as an option though.. lol

I did just notice my insta posts to my FB lol.. Dave Smith made me aware of that.. and no Dave, we've been in the northern lower since Saturday. Day tripped the UP yesterday only..

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I don't have the patience to go through and clean up my Facebook to rid the bs. I weighed it as an option though.. lol

I did just notice my insta posts to my FB lol.. Dave Smith made me aware of that.. and no Dave, we've been in the northern lower since Saturday. Day tripped the UP yesterday only..

yeah i was totally going to call BS on that as i was certain i saw some fb posts lol... but i let that one go hahahahah

D

DTS

I use it without any apps. And it doesn't like that and makes things difficult at times but at least it doesn't go through the constant revision requiring user input like it did years ago.
I don’t have one, or support any of the social media apps. ..Twitter, insta, etc. Life is good.

Last edited by a moderator: