Grant to fill in (again)

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Grant always gets these fill ins. Never races one race until someone gets hurt and he appears anywhere from 4th round to the last round as a full-in.

I figure it must be hard to find replacements in the 450 class? I just don’t understand the same guys getting the opportunity. When you got privateers riding and driving all over the country. Wish they would line these guys up and see how the privateer develops when he doesn’t have to worry about travel, finances, maintenance, and racing.

The fill-in would be a great time to pull a privateer and aggressively put them on a trainer schedule and see if they can handle the factory life, adapt and truly shine. Hell the factories wouldn’t even have to pay them a salary. I know grant doesn’t ride factory teams for free....

John250

PR Founding Father
Georgie,
I agree 100%. It is like an NFL coach. No matter what their results, they end up coaching for another NFL team. Give one of these younger guys that have been making mains a shot. They will do it for the exposure and a little bit of money just to save the expenses.

dmx153

PR Founding Father
I agree George, but didn't Yamaha try that last year with Alex Ray? I don't think he ever got into the top 10. Josh Grant
has top 10 speed all day even coming off the couch.

Vet261

PR Addict
I actually had the scoop on this but totally forgot!

Kari and I were out to dinner Friday night in Indy and who comes walking by? Jim "Hollywood" Holley! I say Hey Jim! and he comes over and just BS's with us for like 15 minutes. Talking about RM Fantasy, riders skipping whoops in practice, bla bla bla.....then he says Oh hey I just got word that Grant will be fill in for Yamaha!

We also talked about Daytona vintage and he said he is racing it next year!

ktrop251

PR Member
All about the $$. Put grant out there who we know is a top 10 rider and see our name closer to the top or put some kid who had made 2 mains all year and might not even make it to the night show. Waste of money to the guys footing the bill. They dont care about the guys living out of vans traveling the country. They care about who's going to produce the best results. Not siding with them but I could see this being the case.

I say give the privateers a chance. Let them see how they can do when they are on competitive equipment. But I'm just a guy watching a train ride around a dirt covered football field.

moto856

PR Member
All about the $$. Put grant out there who we know is a top 10 rider and see our name closer to the top or put some kid who had made 2 mains all year and might not even make it to the night show. Waste of money to the guys footing the bill. They dont care about the guys living out of vans traveling the country. They care about who's going to produce the best results. Not siding with them but I could see this being the case.

I say give the privateers a chance. Let them see how they can do when they are on competitive equipment. But I'm just a guy watching a train ride around a dirt covered football field. Totally agree on for giving the privateers a chance.

John250

PR Founding Father
From watching Grant ride, looks like coming off the couch and being competitive is not that easy. Guy like Lamay would have been a better choice

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Grant got a gut on him bigger than john250. Off the couch is an understatement.he isn’t even working out. He’s riding on raw talent. That doesn’t cut it anymore.

John250

PR Founding Father
Grant got a gut on him bigger than john250. Off the couch is an understatement.he isn’t even working out. He’s riding on raw talent. That doesn’t cut it anymore.

Hey.....I've earned mine. Hes only had a short period of time to get his.

No he didnt qualify And in the LCQ looked like a back marker in the whoops. They were tough, but did not look good compared to Lamay getting through them pretty well.