THE CRASH THAT DOCKED MUSQUIN POINTS & SIDELINED REED & BRAYTON

Tom

PR Elite
javascript:; Marvin Musquin grabbed the win in Seattle, but he was docked 7 points for jumping on a Red Cross flag.

SUPERCROSS SEASON POINTS STANDINGS
After a very controversial night in Seattle, Marvin Musquin was awarded the 450 main event win, but he was also penalized 7 points for jumping on a red cross flag. On the first lap of the 450 main event, Chad Reed, Justin Brayton, Ryan Breece and Kyle Chisholm all crashed hard together in the first rhythm section after the start. Chad Reed was laid out on the track still when the leaders came around on lap two. While the Red Cross flags were out and the riders were rolling, Marvin Musquin decided to jump a double. He admitted that it was wrong in the post-race press conference, but he also stated that he slowed up in the next corner to let Ken Roczen catch up to him as a way of saying, ‘I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.’ The AMA allowed Marvin to keep his first place, but they docked him 7 Championship points. Coming into Seattle, Marvin was second in points, 14 behind his teammate Cooper Webb. With Marvin’s win and Cooper’s fourth in Seattle, Marvin should have closed up the gap to only 7 points. But with the penalty, Marvin is still sitting 14 points behind in second.

Updates.
https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/0...m9-ELG9jAWKRsaxdcokQCSAGaYc1WO9wyFchNA5syEUVs

Chad Reed and Justin Brayton Injury Updates
By Dan Lamb
March 24, 2019
On the first lap of the 450 main event in Seattle, Chad Reed got out of sorts through the first rhythm section, launched off the face of a jump, went down hard and was landed on by Kyle Chisholm. The crash took both Reedy and Justin Brayton—who was collected in the carnage—out of the main event.

Moments ago, both Chad Reed and Justin Brayton updated everyone from their instagram accounts. For Chad, the 2019 season is over, but Justin may have come out of the chaos okay. “Finally a halfway technical track,” Chad said.
The whoops were so freaking awesome loved every pass “Unfortunately, a mistake in the main was costly 8 broken ribs, a broken scapula, and a collapsed lung. I’m bummed my year comes to an end with 5 to go.”

Justin said from Instagram: “Well that was a wild ride!! Thankfully I’m ok. Just very sore and a possible torn MCL/ACL in my left knee. I’ll get everything checked out tomorrow. Thanks for all the messages and support! I’ll give another update when I find out more.”

We wish both the old men a quick recovery. You can watch two different videos of the crash and see Justin and Chad’s Instagram posts below.

Hahahahahahaha.... WHAT??? You won, but you didn’t win...
The AMA is an absolute JOKE. Even Marvin expected to be stripped of the win.
Gallagher had Kehoe and DeCoster in the semi doing an auction for the win... that’s what took so long.
This sport is pathetic. And no one can or will do anything about it. When you are being lead by cash driven morons, you can’t expect anything else.

KTM cuts the track and makes a pass on Kawasaki= no penalty
KTM jumps on Red Cross with Honda behind him = no real penalty. Big f’ing whoop, points. He wasn’t going to win the points anyway.

Obviously KTM has paid the AMA more this year. Congratulations KTM

AMA SUCKS

So what happens next week? Lamay is fighting for position for 15th place and he jumps on the red cross flag. Who cares if your Ben Lamay. He loses 7 points which means nothing .

The crash caused two more top SX guys to be sidelined. I wish they raced the outdoor series then raced SX in the fall.

Hahahahahahaha.... WHAT??? You won, but you didn’t win...
The AMA is an absolute JOKE. Even Marvin expected to be stripped of the win.
Gallagher had Kehoe and DeCoster in the semi doing an auction for the win... that’s what took so long.
This sport is pathetic. And no one can or will do anything about it. When you are being lead by cash driven morons, you can’t expect anything else.

KTM cuts the track and makes a pass on Kawasaki= no penalty
KTM jumps on Red Cross with Honda behind him = no real penalty. Big f’ing whoop, points. He wasn’t going to win the points anyway.

Obviously KTM has paid the AMA more this year. Congratulations KTM

AMA SUCKS

I'm confused. Why are you upset? The rules clearly state what happens when you jump on a red cross flag. Gallagher had nothing to do with it other than reading the rule book and delivering the message. And Webb didn't cut the track. That's a convenient argument, but not what happened. Kawasaki guys weren't even upset about it. Not to mention, he dropped Tomac by half a quarter of a lap after that.

What about the 250 guy that got pushed of the track and came back on where even Carmichael agreed was a safe point? He lost his spot in the main. If he would have been on a ktm he would have still raced. Marvin should have lost his spot. First race Ive actually seen this year and I was totally disgusted with it

Wait a minute I swear I read on here monster and kawi pay off the ama. Now its red bull ktm? Cant trust anyone these days

What about the 250 guy that got pushed of the track and came back on where even Carmichael agreed was a safe point? He lost his spot in the main. If he would have been on a ktm he would have still raced. Marvin should have lost his spot. First race Ive actually seen this year and I was totally disgusted with it

It's funny that people actually believe this stuff. Oh well. I guess that's today's society. We have to sensationalize everything.

"C. During a main event race, if no positions were gained, the penalty will be the points and purse equal to two positions in the final results for that race plus two additional points."

This is exactly what happened. They literally gave Musquin the exact punishment that is outlined in the rule book. If there is still a problem, take it up with the rule book I guess?

The 250 guy was a judgement call. I didn't agree with it either, but that certainly doesn't mean that KTM paid off the AMA, Feld, or the FIM. It means that Gallagher is the only guy with power to make judgement calls, and he screws them up pretty often. Same with the Reed black flag years ago. Bad call. Does that mean Honda and Trey Canard paid off the AMA? No. It means Gallagher made a bone head call.

I'm confused. Why are you upset? The rules clearly state what happens when you jump on a red cross flag. Gallagher had nothing to do with it other than reading the rule book and delivering the message. And Webb didn't cut the track. That's a convenient argument, but not what happened. Kawasaki guys weren't even upset about it. Not to mention, he dropped Tomac by half a quarter of a lap after that.
As far as Webbs pass. He gained a position after landing on a tuff block and outside another tuff block. THAT is off the track.
i. A rider leaving the course may continue the race by properly re-entering the track at the closest safe point to where the rider left the course without gaining an advantage.
1. While off course, the rider may not accelerate in an unsafe manner as deemed by Race Direction.
2. If a rider accelerates in an unsafe manner while off course or cuts part of the racecourse, the rider may be determined to have gained an advantage without gaining a position.
3. It will be the duty of the Race Director or his designee Race Direction to make the determination as to whether a rider gained an advantage by leaving the racecourse and reentering.
4. The penalty for gaining an advantage while off course during a race will be the loss of number of positions gained plus one additional position in the final results for that race. If no positions were gained, the minimum penalty will be the loss of one position in the final results for that race based on the severity of advantage gained as deemed by Race Direction.

Moosecan's "penalty" is according to the rules. BUT why did it take so long to determine that? And if "Safety is a main priority" then that rule need revised. If not then if you are a middle of the pack guy, why not jump every time? Maybe you can get a top 5 or podium and not 10th. Your points don't matter anyway.

Maybe Gallagher didn't see it because he was too busy watching if Bowers breathed on a factory rider...

AMA SUCKS

It's funny that people actually believe this stuff. Oh well. I guess that's today's society. We have to sensationalize everything.

"C. During a main event race, if no positions were gained, the penalty will be the points and purse equal to two positions in the final results for that race plus two additional points."

This is exactly what happened. They literally gave Musquin the exact punishment that is outlined in the rule book. If there is still a problem, take it up with the rule book I guess?

Please don't confuse us with facts; they are not interesting.

I only care that thanks to #metoo the Monster Energy Girls are too covered up and get little air time.

Oh, oh and that Ralph called Ricky fat.

Remember Marvin slowed down so others could catch up - that should have made it all go away!

Why not state in the almighty rule book: 1) Should the Medical flag come out on the opening lap due to a First turn crash...Red Flag it. 2) Create safe zones in re entry for off track riders.
To re enter the track in the middle of the triple rhythm section is not good for anyone. Heck Xbox gives me 5sec to get back on track. As long as you do not gain position or interfere competition re entering the track: block pass or cut the line or purposely ingage to hold on coming traffic. I saw what was a Smart move, guess Gallagher saw it different.

So if the "penalty will be the points and purse equal to two positions in the final results for that race plus two additional points." Why not positions?
I agree, that what the rules say. Honestly, that's the first time I read that section. Must have been Gallagher's first time reading it as well.
That rule needs changed.

55758152_2371751902874964_487637585921835008_n.jpg

I more surprised that Webb and Savagty didnt get docked also.

Webb should have been docked last week. Rules don't state anything about intent.

MM25 this week they got it right according to the rule book, but it shouldn't have taken that long. I don't think he wins with out the gap he created in that section. Also with the current rule people out side the points "can" just say screw it and still send it. Although no one has since the rule change a couple years go.

The rule gives race discretion to do whatever they want. Read block F.....

Something as serious a Red Cross flag. You dq them. It would happen once. And for the rest of the sport I bet guys would push their bikes through the section because they’re afraid of the DQ.

The rule gives race discretion to do whatever they want. Read block F.....

Something as serious a Red Cross flag. You dq them. It would happen once. And for the rest of the sport I bet guys would push their bikes through the section because they’re afraid of the DQ.
i totally agree!!!

518DA4D4-2FC5-4775-B81F-60354D061B75.jpeg

Chad Reed says he wants to race the Las Vegas supercross in six weeks despite fainting trying to walk from the bed to a wheelchair!

Reed broke eight ribs, his scapula and sustained a collapsed young after getting landed on in Seattle.

The determined Aussie says he loves having goals and a purpose and admits that while it seems impossible, it’s something he wants to aim for, it would also get him his 250th startin supercross!
crtwotwo
Up and outta bed without passing out✅
Tried checking myself outta here yesterday buttttt fainted going from bed to wheelchair ‍♂️♂️ Liking my chances better today lol
Thanks for all the love ❤️
I love having a purpose and a goal
Tho it seems impossible right now I’m setting a goal of racing Vegas because I know I’ll be a better human for it. 6weeks #250

Back