Kawasaki and Suzuki SX

Toddco327

PR Addict
First off it’s been a great SX season. Lots of drama. Good racing but also some bad racing. Battles, injuries It’s had it all.

Anyway the reason for my post is that everyone bashes on Suzuki all the time but their bikes have consistently produced this season. Their riders have got on the podium. Taken holeshots and ran top 5 many times. So really why all the hate? I would buy a Suzuki today due to the cost savings and really at the end of the day it’s a good bike.

As for Kawasaki their riders and all insane lol. But I noticed that the Kawasaki (Tomac specifically) has had many bike problems. Not sure why? He pulled off yesterday cuz of a motor issue. Then in the main his bike was smoking for some reason. Just seems like lately Kawasaki has had more problems than anything with bikes and riders. But aside from that the Kawasaki for weekend warriors like us seems like a great bike.

I dont think besides the weight and lack of E start the bikes are horrible. But the resale on them in this area is horrible. Cant hardly give them away used.

E start is over rated.

19 kaw seems to have rejuvenated the brand.

Rmz... Price point almost had me.. after alot of reading I felt I would personally need to put a couple Grand into it right off the bat to be happy. Ergos worried me too after sitting on a couple new gens.

It's all nonsense. KTM/Husky have the best teams and riders right now. Kawasaki I think is struggling a little with the all new bike. Honda is just completely jinxed. Yamaha and Suzuki just don't have the talent behind the bars right now.

At the pro level they make all the bikes so good for those guys, I dont see the bikes being an issue.

And at our level, any of the new 450s are much better than any of us can ride them.

It’s just crazy that Tomac has had so many bike problems. I understand that there can be problems here and there. But motors? Multiple times? I would hope that they had that figured out pretty quick.

All I know is for a older, overweight former C class mid pack rider, faircross attendee the Suzuki would be the way to go. Ergo’s don’t matter much when your tipping the scale over 200lbs. Can’t beat the price, 5000 for a brand new bike. And kick starts work just fine.

It’s just crazy that Tomac has had so many bike problems. I understand that there can be problems here and there. But motors? Multiple times? I would hope that they had that figured out pretty quick.

All I know is for a older, overweight former C class mid pack rider, faircross attendee the Suzuki would be the way to go. Ergo’s don’t matter much when your tipping the scale over 200lbs. Can’t beat the price, 5000 for a brand new bike. And kick starts work just fine.

I'm over 200 and ergos matter to me.. lol

They all have been good at our level.
ET3 is just a beast. Last year he struggled with the brakes two times maybe three times.

Remember Dungey had a couple mechanicals on the Suzuki way back when.

Back