Back Yard Tracks... Let see em'

adam63

PR Addict
Check out those two accounts if you want to see more! I have been very fortunate to have great friends that have the passion and means to build some bad ass private tracks.

adam63

PR Addict
That track has a huge hit - would like to see more of that.

Ya... no doubt! Peak to peat is 145'. I haven't got the stones up to start to soak it up and lay it over. It is one of the safest big hucks I have ever played with, similar to the big huck at 330!

Last edited:

adam63

PR Addict
I love the drone crash. Ha ha was not expecting that.

I have seen him wad that thing up at over 100mph and not break one piece, even the go pro will handle it.
Don’t get me wrong, it will break, just not like the store bought ones.

mooch

PR Elite
Friends with an excavating business that I rode with played a big role in getting things built about 15 years ago and have added a few things along the way. Keeping it mowed and the jump faces in shape has been a second hobby :) . Actually has a decent elevation change that helps with a downhill ski jump and some uphill doubles...try to keep everything safe.

backyard track nice lighting.jpg

blue sky table top 10262013.JPG
bottom of hill.JPG

Dano762

PR Addict
Looks like a golf course. For sure a lot of maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Double D

PR Founding Father
This is an old view. I turned all the straights 90 degrees so we can have larger jumps. We almost never ride it. I love building it. like a kid in a sandbox with bulldozers.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Friends with an excavating business that I rode with played a big role in getting things built about 15 years ago and have added a few things along the way. Keeping it mowed and the jump faces in shape has been a second hobby :) . Actually has a decent elevation change that helps with a downhill ski jump and some uphill doubles...try to keep everything safe.

I was hoping you'd post pic's of your track mooch. I really liked seeing it when you posted a long time ago.
Sweet track!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Ya... no doubt! Peak to peat is 145'. I haven't got the stones up to start to soak it up and lay it over. It is one of the safest big hucks I have ever played with, similar to the big huck at 330!

Very Cool...
Nothing like having a mountain top of your own to build a track on.

So my brains doing the math and I'm thinking you're gonna have to be fifth gear for enough momentum to sail 145ft.
All of the sudden I feel like a C-class squid again...:eek:

Last edited:

mooch

PR Elite
I was hoping you'd post pic's of your track mooch. I really liked seeing it when you posted a long time ago.
Sweet track!

Thanks! With you living fairly close, I'll give you a shout the next time there's some riding going on in the backyard. I know you have some vintage / post vintage bikes...do you have a modern bike too? I can do almost all the jumps on my post vintage 84 RM250, but I wouldn't be doing them on a vintage bike.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Thanks! With you living fairly close, I'll give you a shout the next time there's some riding going on in the backyard. I know you have some vintage / post vintage bikes...do you have a modern bike too? I can do almost all the jumps on my post vintage 84 RM250, but I wouldn't be doing them on a vintage bike.

Yea, would love to.
I still have my 98 CR250 and the 03 YZ250 for modern bikes. Nancy has plugged me several times about getting rid of some of my older bikes and buying a new bike. She's seen the decline in vintage/PV racing and knows that I just don't have the time anymore to work on them. I know she would like to see the storage space freed up too.

She would have me narrow it down to one Vintage bike, one pre-1985 PV bike, maybe keep the 98 CR or the 03 YZ for GP racing, and then get one new bike for MX. And of course, only one street bike. To her, that's plenty. Especially since the mini bike population seems to be growing at our house.

Last edited:

adam63

PR Addict
Very Cool...
Nothing like having a mountain top of your own to build a track on.

So my brains doing the math and I'm thinking you're gonna have to be fifth gear for enough momentum to sail 145ft.
All of the sudden I feel like a C-class squid again...:eek:

If there is a safe part about it... the landing is a table top that has about 35 to 40 feet of flat. landing anywhere on the flat is acceptable. Getting to the down side is the goal but getting to the flat and you will be fine, then you can thump it out from there.

Odd enough, I feel a little too high in the rpm in 4th and a little too low in the rpm in 5th. I do find myself jumping some days in 4th and other days in 5th. In 5th gear it is easy to over jump it if I get a little to high in the rpm.
At 330 on the good days, early in the morning when the dirt was rite and without acceleration bumps you could wring it's neck in 5th gear and still have plenty of landing room. As the day wore on, the the run up got nasty, 4th gear would still do it.

This jump is no fun to over jump by vary much, more than a few feet and I'm shaking the cob webs out of my head and blowing the turn after it!