It is that time of the year, LL Rider Roster is posted

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bruce,

Can anyone take Mike Brown in the +25 and +40 class this year?

Anyone going to bet against John Grewe in 50+ class? Can Carsten take him down?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Some of the alternate list puzzles me sort of. Some 5th and 6th place finishes that are low power ranking alternates. Must of had really low turnout for those regions out west.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Darryn Durham I think could give brownie a run. Depends what kind of shape he’s in. Jesse Pierce was on his way until he crashed breaking in his race bike.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

John250

PR Founding Father
Brown wins 25+ and 40+. After watching Grewe smoke everyone by 3/4 of a lap at Baja, I say he will win. Carsten has the speed, but I think Grewe is in better shape. I personally would like to see Barry win, he is a great guy.

Team MMR

PR Addict
Darryn Durham I think could give brownie a run. Depends what kind of shape he’s in. Jesse Pierce was on his way until he crashed breaking in his race bike.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I think it more depends on which DD shows up. Focused and ready to rock or just out to have a great time. But since he took the time to qualify i dont think hes gonna take it lightly.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Even at 49 years old, this time of the year always feels odd. Its been yearly 30 years since I lined up down there and I still have daily flashbacks of what I was doing on this date back then preparing for that race.
Having a big lead and not being able to close it out still pisses me off.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I say this every year when someone tells me that "so and so" is going to beat a former Professional Motocross Champion, it's not going to happen. Brown is OLD for the class, but he still has that something that made him the BEST in the world at one time. You don't have that and get beat by a regular guy unless you have a mechanical failure or get caught up in a pile up. I bet Brown wins both +25 and +40, harder time in +25 (like last year when the old guy wore out the young buck and left him winded in 2nd place muttering to himself).

Grewe on the other hand has gotten better with age, he is better now than he ever was a professional and he just keeps on winning. Last year he lost a moto to Carsten when he got knocked down and broke his wrist (still finished 2nd in the moto), but he won the war. I don't think Carsten will beat him for the title but hoping for good motos between them.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Couldn't agree more with the post rocket. He's wicked on a bike for sure. But his chest beating on the podium about if you want the title come get it deal really turned me off from rooting for him.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Mitchy didn't get a direct spot at Loretta's out of the regionals in his classes and Z man had a change of plans like he always does mid way through the season. Now Mitchy is not concentrating on Loretta's (which he would have gotten in as an alternate in both classes) and racheting up his riding while moving to a full time training facility down south. He is going to run the 125 ALL STAR classes at Unadilla, Budds Creek, and Ironman and then go back to training full time down south and take online schooling to try to give motocross as a career a go. He just turned 15 and has to make it or not in the next couple of seasons and they decided to go the full time training / riding route for next season's big races. He'll have both 125 and 250F next year to run in both types of classes. If you are heading to any of the 3 remaining eastern nationals this summer, stop by and say hi to Mitchy there!

Team MMR

PR Addict
Mitchy didn't get a direct spot at Loretta's out of the regionals in his classes and Z man had a change of plans like he always does mid way through the season. Now Mitchy is not concentrating on Loretta's (which he would have gotten in as an alternate in both classes) and racheting up his riding while moving to a full time training facility down south. He is going to run the 125 ALL STAR classes at Unadilla, Budds Creek, and Ironman and then go back to training full time down south and take online schooling to try to give motocross as a career a go. He just turned 15 and has to make it or not in the next couple of seasons and they decided to go the full time training / riding route for next season's big races. He'll have both 125 and 250F next year to run in both types of classes. If you are heading to any of the 3 remaining eastern nationals this summer, stop by and say hi to Mitchy there!

THATS AWESOME TO HEAR!!!! Darin once told me that he was thankful i was a good role model for Mitchy as he was growing up and that Mitchy loved to ride with me. Well now i cant even keep up and im so pumped to have read this after the last conversation i had with Darin after regionals.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
THATS AWESOME TO HEAR!!!! Darin once told me that he was thankful i was a good role model for Mitchy as he was growing up and that Mitchy loved to ride with me. Well now i cant even keep up and im so pumped to have read this after the last conversation i had with Darin after regionals.

The Zaremba family went full in on Mitchy's training and trying to live the dream. They purchased a Fun Mover type trailer for him to live in down there and tow to the big events that they will do next season. I don't have all the details of the place he's staying, but it's in Louisana and they will be placing the trailer down there when Mitchy is there for him to live in, and then they will tow it to the races when it's needed and keep it up in Ohio when they are traveling in this part of the country, like they will be for the upcoming Nationals where he will be riding the 125 ALL Star class. It should be fun to see how Mitch progresses going full time, hopefully he can make that jump to the next level and be one of the guys we are all watching on TV in a few years. If not, they gave it their all and he can move on with real life like the rest of us and work for money and ride for fun.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Trailer hitch broke last night on way down. Smashed up the motorhome a little but....but state police gave my dad a ride to Walmart at 2am to find a replacement. Funny part is police say yea don’t leave this trailer here unattended the Nashville wheelie boys will clean it out. So they had one cop pull guard on the side of the road while the other took my dad to Walmart. Before they had to pat him down on the hood. Funny sight for sure. But making sure the bad luck is out of the way ahead of time! The old man did a great job of dragging that trailer full red shower of sparks at 75 down to zero without killing anyone or losing her....props to him for that! Also gave them my 350 with 1 hour on it in case disaster happens in practice or something. It was in the trailer.....didn’t even fall over.

Last edited:

Vargo671

PR Addict
That is awesome, and thank you for the update!

John250

PR Founding Father
Wow. Lucky that he got it stopped before it flipped or anything. Brocks week could have ended before it even started.

Reactions: 508