Sipes vs Brown 125cc @ Ironman

I might take Sipes too. I talked to Brown at Unadilla after his crash and he was pretty banged up.

Maybe Mitch will beat them both!

Reactions: DTS
Sipes won. Brown and Mitch were in a second corner crash that took out probably 10-15 riders

Brown..I think got back to 15ish and Mitch 17ish

Sucked as Mitch had great practice and good start in heat and a P4

Sipes and Brown were a direct seat too..they did not run heats so they only had one 15 min practice Sat morning and the race.

In that practice Sipes looked to have Brown covered as they battled for a couple laps and Sipes stayed in front..just what I saw.

Bruce, I didn't see this, but 125's are all about getting through the 1st turn and 1/2 lap clean, which at Brown's size / age he hasn't been able to do. If they were racing big bikes, I'd say Brown, but this is 125's and that changes the game a bit. Glad to see Mitchy having fun out there in these races, I hope he continues to improve and get some results next season!

Rocket, I actually think Brown has the better chance on a 125, as long as it is an equal playing field. I agree that age and added weight don't favor Mike, but at one time he was one of the best ever on a 125 (even exceeding 1 in 1,000,000 racer status). I wish he would have gotten a clean start, it would have been a heck of a race.

Rocket, I actually think Brown has the better chance on a 125, as long as it is an equal playing field. I agree that age and added weight don't favor Mike, but at one time he was one of the best ever on a 125 (even exceeding 1 in 1,000,000 racer status). I wish he would have gotten a clean start, it would have been a heck of a race.

Wow. Browns speed is incredible. On the gas hard down that hill, did you see how fast he gapped after the pass.

Bruce, it would be a good race to see that's for sure, but it seems Brown isn't getting the starts on the 125 and has gotten in an early pile up in the races that he did and his results suffered greatly because of that. It would have been nice to see those 2 battle.

I'd like to see Sipes "really retire" from pros so he could race +25 LL against Brown. That could be interesting....although Sipes doesn't have the credentials of Brown in the pros he was a front runner and definitely stays in shape.

I'd like to see Sipes "really retire" from pros so he could race +25 LL against Brown. That could be interesting....although Sipes doesn't have the credentials of Brown in the pros he was a front runner and definitely stays in shape.

Both of them are very versatile motorcycle racers and have raced a lot of different types of off road motorcycles.

Back