Back when the OMA racing was fun! What happened??

hershey

PR Elite
Check out the schedule and tracks !! Man I miss racing these places
20190824_195145.jpg

ktrop251

PR Member
I think I have an old CRA schedule lingering around in my trailer as well as a D12. The lineup was insane. You could race 3 days on a weekend and still miss one or two. Too bad those days are long gone. Bums me out.

moto856

PR Member
I think I have an old CRA schedule lingering around in my trailer as well as a D12. The lineup was insane. You could race 3 days on a weekend and still miss one or two. Too bad those days are long gone. Bums me out.
I totally agree miss racing saturday night at Malvern then be at another race Sunday.

TB018

PR Member
A little farther back in time my son and I started racing at at Sandusky Speedway on Friday nights. It was a great place for us to start racing. Great family atmosphere, and very convienient. Soon we started racing Firday nights as well as SUndays and even am occasional Saturday. Lots of time was spent at the tracks. It was good quality familly time. My daughters (they did nto race then) still talk of the good times they had going to the races.

D

DTS

2013, I was out of there by 1030. I don’t even bring my bike any more..
Moto 7 gets out around midnight now.

DC817

PR Addict
Moto 19 at Malvern last night and we finished around midnight. First time I’ve done a Malvern night race in a very long time. I thought it ran pretty smooth compared to how it was 10-12 years ago.

jj584

PR Addict
Funny this thread was started. We actually went to Pymatuning last night because we’re tired of racing Malvern. Seems like when we’re available to go racing it’s the only thing open. OMA should be called the Malvern racing association!

D

DTS

Malvern is great, just the Rodgers ran it more efficient and didn’t take away anything from the event. Remember, that shirt said 2013. It’s 2019.. which the night races are more similar to the 90’s now.. All night. If history repeats, attendance will slowly decline. I’m only bummed because I enjoy riding there. The group I ride with has written the night program off.

John250

PR Founding Father
Too many classes for a quick night race. Although we rode one at malvern a couple years ago, and I remember it running pretty smooth.

hershey

PR Elite
Malvern is great, just the Rodgers ran it more efficient and didn’t take away anything from the event. Remember, that shirt said 2013. It’s 2019.. which the night races are more similar to the 90’s now.. All night. If history repeats, attendance will slowly decline. I’m only bummed because I enjoy riding there. The group I ride with has written the night program off.

I guess I don't get it, it wasn't more efficient, there were less racers to get through the program. I remember in the late 90s getting out.of Malvern at 2am every time. It's a night race, you just know that going into it. The attendance didnt decline in the early 00's because of the program, mx in general took a big hit then. We lost a boat load of tracks and racing slowed way down. Right now we are seeing an increase as seen by the large turnouts at Malvern and other tracks again. Good job to all those helping the resurgence!

When 350 riders show up for a night race 2 things are a given.
1. You're going to be there late.
2. The track owner is doing something right or the turnout wouldn't be 350

Can t believe this post turned into a bash it session. I just was saying I missed the tracks we no longer get to race at.

Bunch of negative Nancy's