Best 2020 450 MX Bike to Buy

My last new bike was my 2011 KX450F. I rode a few newer models and honestly didn't feel they were any better than mine, but for round numbers sake I think I'm going to get a new one. My biggest preference / concern is a very strong bottom / midrange hit.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice for me on my new purchase? What dealers in eastern- Ohio / western-PA have the best prices these days?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
All of the bikes these days are REALLY GOOD! They all have their own personality and it's best to match the bike that fits your riding style / size since they are all just a little bit different from each other. I love my 17 Husky 450 and adding a ECU to it this winter that I can tune to make the power come on where I want it.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
they are all really good. with that said i have a really nice 19 yamaha 450 with about 30 hrs on it that you'd love!!! lol if by chance you would be interested shoot me a PM.

owndjoo

PR Member
The yamaha is looking pretty good. My 18 CRF450 is great on hardpack or sand/soft, but a nightmare in ruts/rough. Chasing the comfort with the chassis. I rode the 18 yz and 19 ktm as well before buying my Honda. Loved the YZ then other than the front end grip issues which have supposedly been resolved. The KTM was boring tbh and stalled all the time for me. I'd take a look at the YZ again myself if I was looking.

tank166

PR Addict
Doesn't matter what brand you buy if you're not gonna ride it. I saw 3 members of the davis clan riding today...you weren't one of them haha

Reactions: 508

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Last new bike i had was a 07 yzf450. Bought a leftover 2017 crf450 and i love it. Handles great in all conditions, I’m 195 advance rider, and I’ve only changed clickers and it’s awesome

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
I had Whitcraft do the suspension, I haven't dialed it in for the chop, got a set of works chassis labs hangers and mounts coming this week. That should help.

Can't wait to hear how these work. I've been reading a lot of reviews on them. I changed the linkage over to a Ride Engineering setup on my RMZ and it was a night/day difference in the way the rear ended handles tracks. I can only image the mounts are going to be the same.