Best 2020 450 MX Bike to Buy

Vet261

PR Addict
Oh BTW if you want to be the only guy at the track in staging kickstarting your bike, while everyone else pushes a button and then laughes at you....get the RMZ.

JB19

PR Member
The yamaha is looking pretty good. My 18 CRF450 is great on hardpack or sand/soft, but a nightmare in ruts/rough. Chasing the comfort with the chassis. I rode the 18 yz and 19 ktm as well before buying my Honda. Loved the YZ then other than the front end grip issues which have supposedly been resolved. The KTM was boring tbh and stalled all the time for me. I'd take a look at the YZ again myself if I was looking.

I have an 18 Honda 450 and realized that if my suspension was too soft it transferred the energy to the chassis. I went way stiffer on the clickers and it softened everything up. I think the Honda is very sensitive and you have to keep the energy off the chassis. .....I also run the lower triple clamp bolts very loose and 2 of the fuel tank bolts removed and 2 of the exhaust bolts removed.

tj131

PR Member
I love my 18 yz450f. Haven’t touched a clicker since I bought it last spring. Suspension is great, handles very well, motor for days. You can really change the engine characteristics with the smartphone (free) app. When I put my slip on FMF on I couldn’t believe how it shifted the power so I retuned it. Some people aren’t fans of the air box set up but I freaking love it. Zero tools to change a filter and it takes no time at all to do.

I am biased toward Yamaha but I can honestly say I did not care for the 2010 or 2014.

owndjoo

PR Member
Can't wait to hear how these work. I've been reading a lot of reviews on them. I changed the linkage over to a Ride Engineering setup on my RMZ and it was a night/day difference in the way the rear ended handles tracks. I can only image the mounts are going to be the same.
I’ve got the ride engineering link on now, definitely helped with grip and in-air behavior, have to adjust the sag ofcourse lol. I’ll be testing out the mounts at briar this weekend .

owndjoo

PR Member
Can't wait to hear how these work. I've been reading a lot of reviews on them. I changed the linkage over to a Ride Engineering setup on my RMZ and it was a night/day difference in the way the rear ended handles tracks. I can only image the mounts are going to be the same.
Well I made it to rt 62 today with them. Second lap on the track went 10 seconds faster than my best from September 11. :0 can’t rave about this setup enough. I have the soft hangers and medium front mounts. Immediately the bike just did what I wanted. Before, I always had to fight the bike on turn in and had no confidence with how rigid the front end was with little kicks and bumps. No longer an issue. Carrying a gear higher a lot of places thanks to the better front end grip and feel. Literally a whole new bike.