LL to ironman

motomatt19

PR Member
Just heard Daniel Blair on main event moto say Lorettas was being moved to ironman in the near future... anyone else hear that?

Vet261

PR Addict
There have been rumors of that ever since there was a track built at Ironman and every year MXSports denies it.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
how is camping there?

AMA should buy out the Chillitown contract....

You could ride your bicycle to Walmart.....top that. Way more s**t you might need at walmart vs the LL country store, or that gas station everyone rode pitters to at CT. Crawfordsville has so much normal stuff, stores, restaurants, etc. and its so close to the track, its like cheating. You could ride a bicycle to the damn BW3s but I do usually drive.

If they were to change the ironman track back to last years layout, add 500 hookups, done. Case closed. You wont touch it.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Well Ironman does have a creek. All they need now is some hookups and a pavilion with a pool and voila instantly better than LL.

No way. The draw to Loretta’s for a lot of people, myself included, is the history and exclusion. Taking my first lap of practice on that particular track was the most rewarding feeling I’ve had in moto yet.
I’ve ridden Ironman already without having to earn my ride there, cool track but chasing Loretta’s would lose its luster for me at that point.

Maybe for amateurs coming through the ranks they don’t care about that stuff, but I know there’s a special meaning to spending a week on that plot of land for a lot of families. You’ll never replicate that anywhere else.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
You could ride your bicycle to Walmart.....top that. Way more s**t you might need at walmart vs the LL country store, or that gas station everyone rode pitters to at CT. Crawfordsville has so much normal stuff, stores, restaurants, etc. and its so close to the track, its like cheating. You could ride a bicycle to the damn BW3s but I do usually drive.

If they were to change the ironman track back to last years layout, add 500 hookups, done. Case closed. You wont touch it.

I know they do the AMA and Quad nationals there. is there any other races there during the year?
That is one thing I think is cool about LL is that no one rides it before the Am National.

*edit Just went and read up on it. Looks like they do a GNCC and state championship races there too?

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
No way. The draw to Loretta’s for a lot of people, myself included, is the history and exclusion. Taking my first lap of practice on that particular track was the most rewarding feeling I’ve had in moto yet.
I’ve ridden Ironman already without having to earn my ride there, cool track but chasing Loretta’s would lose its luster for me at that point.

Maybe for amateurs coming through the ranks they don’t care about that stuff, but I know there’s a special meaning to spending a week on that plot of land for a lot of families. You’ll never replicate that anywhere else.

I get that, the history and it being for national championships is the draw. I'm saying that facility to facility, I'd rather race and camp at Ironman over LL all day long. I will bet you money if it moves, 1500 racers still go to ironman.......new history started. LL will always have its place in history, but maybe its time for change, I mean we are coming up on 40 years fast.

I know they do the AMA and Quad nationals there. is there any other races there during the year?
That is one thing I think is cool about LL is that no one rides it before the Am National.

*edit Just went and read up on it. Looks like they do a GNCC and state championship races there too?

As far as i know, its just the ATV National, a LLAQ or Regional (not every year), GNCC, and the local district race.

The whole nobody can ride LL is played out. If you go once, you have an advantage, because the track doesn't really change. Hell I probably know the track better than most of you because I've been on it 7-8 times in the last 20 years. It really hasnt changed much, and what has changed is not hard to get down. Now I will say moving it takes away the nasty third element of the raw heat and humidity at LL, of course its humid in the midwest too.

Long story short, id say Ironman, or Red Bud, or rotate it and make that track do a big change to their track for the event.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My wife liked the ranch. Liked the tours. The creek. The general layout. The countryside.

I hope they don’t move it. It’s fine as it is.

GoFar

PR Member
For those that don't have a problem with a move, just a friendly reminder that it could be moved to the left coast as well. Things that are out of your control. I believe there has been threads on here about how the thought process is (or lack thereof) of the AMA and Mxsports.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Its a Mx Sports event... AMA tags along like a tick on a dogs ass. Both based in the Midwest. Its not going west.
They don't want people riding bikes to WalMart. They have a nice captive audience at LL. I bet that darn ice cream shack on the top of the hill makes more money the week of the national than we make in a year.
If it ever moves it will go to Ironman, or another Coombs owned facility. But my money is on it staying in middle of no where Tennessee.

motomatt19

PR Member
Screenshot_20190911-094753_Chrome.jpg

bruceb

PR Addict
The whole nobody can ride LL is played out. If you go once, you have an advantage, because the track doesn't really change.
Not just this, but any top tier training facility is building a "replica" track for their racers. Hell, Chad Ward even built a replica of LL three years ago.