AIMExpo Anyone going?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Ive never been to this... Is it worth going?
I have been coaching baseball all summer and got an invite to the Coaches convention in Nashville in January. Figured it would be like 15 people... 7100 coaches last year and growing... WTF
I was sitting here thinking, why doesn't the motocross community have an annual expo? I used to go to the dealer show in Cincy and it had a great turnout. Then it moved to Indy and I never went.
I just looked at the floor plan for this AIMExpo thing, and as with anything related to the AMA it looks to be another 90% on-road, black leather, unkempt beard, Bret Michaels bandana fest.

Team MMR

PR Addict
You are just about right of what it is ha ha, Been there 2x now, Orlando few years ago and Las Vegas last year for work. Its def not much moto related. I will be attending Thursday and Friday again this year for work though.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
ck1racerx, the Pastrana Challenge has a Clydedale class for riders over 250lbs in there full moto gear.............. would you still qualify? That would be a fun class to ride, but not a fun class for a first turn pile up!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I’m at 240. That is up from 225 after the balloon. Not terrible but I need to do better. The back is feeling better so maybe over the winter I can get back to the gym and try to work off this gut.
May try to come back next year. Or possibly try some woods stuff. 24 hours of Lemons car is also calling my name. With age comes a cage

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The only cage should be a Doug Henry type cage on your bike for a true MXer!!!! Use the force of wanting to ride to lose the weight, get to the gym, and look foward to some Vet riding / racing. The late summer / fall stuff is always lots of fun and lots of fun vet races. And EROC or GP style events are lots of fun too, you can go ride for an hour straight, and then go home, it's not an all day thing and you just ride for fun more than anything else.