KOC at BC September 21-22

Went to the wooden nickel for dinner just down the road, plan on coming to hang out tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20190921_200241.jpg
    20190921_200241.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 20190921_182259.jpg
    20190921_182259.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 270
He is the only kid looking for me, most don’t seek me out, especially after this past weekend. I would have been honored to sign his cast.

My new least favorite motorcycle is the klx110. Soon to be banned from the Cliff.

Track was great today. Races ran like a machine. Washed bikes, packed up and was on the road by 3pm, and home before 5pm. Got to love that.

Well that's a wrap on the KOC. I cant thank my crews enough, we did an excellent job with signup, race program, prep, everything. And thanks to the racers, you guys ran a smooth and efficient races for us. We averaged 7 motos an hour, which is AQ caliber race times. We were done roughly around 2:30, which is good even for only a 16 moto set.

The weather, well in the end it didn't completely loosen all of our spokes, just 2-3 of them. We set off on a mission to water, starting Thursday at 2:00 pm, and had 100k down by Friday night, just in time for them to change our immediate forecast to rain. After a week long forecast of 10% all weekend, I knew it was too good to be true. As the rumble of thunder set in Friday evening, the all too familiar feeling of dread took over. As a few rain drops fell, I went to he house. But we got up Saturday morning, and nothing, no rain, at least not much a trace of it. So we prep, we get it ready for practice. Then the onslaught of hourly threats begins. Then facing hourly forecasts of rain at 1:00, 3:00, and 6:00 pm on Saturday, it actually didn't really rain at all. Thanks to the weather forecast for the added stress.

Pitbikes. I would say in the end, what keeps happening on Saturday is going to stop. The next step could be an off duty deputy. I don't care what happens at the Brawl, Mini O's, or anywhere else. Our events aren't at that caliber, and even if they were, it does not make it ok. Do not bring that attitude to Briarcliff. If its a problem, don't come. Plain and simple. We don't need it, it doesn't help us or families that are here to race. Remember this is a Race.

Thank you to the families that do come, and do a great job keeping the family side of things in perspective, I do appreciate the majority the do help me reign in the issues.

You got lucky on the rain. Saturday morning it poured on my way to Columbus, poured downtown columbus also. So it somehow missed you.

Great job by all. Always enjoy going to BC. But I did get shocked twice riding under the power line with my finger on the clutch. Can you get those moved for next season.

You got lucky on the rain. Saturday morning it poured on my way to Columbus, poured downtown columbus also. So it somehow missed you.

Great job by all. Always enjoy going to BC. But I did get shocked twice riding under the power line with my finger on the clutch. Can you get those moved for next season.

New gloves.

Nutless parents with spoiled brat kids is what I see. It’s disappointing what some parents or guardians are allowing or not monitoring what the kids are doing. Same offenders for the most part, same parents that cause issues in other facets of the game. It’s not just a safety issue but property destruction as well this weekend. I say completely shut it down period. Again, nutless monkey parents! You know who you are, I do too. Great event JO and staff!

How about instead of us continuously saying "they know who they are", let's just put it out there on who it is. Call these folks out.

This was an issue a couple of weeks ago at Malvern with an unknown "group across the road" that caused the pit bikes to get shut down.

If the owners / tracks know who it is, just call them out so the rest of us can personally thank them for ruining a good thing.

Back