chillitown mx was done well?? Maybe not so fast.

Tom

PR Elite
So I broke the news earlier today that I’m taking over as promoter of CTMX! I’m real excited about this and have been looking forward to it since I started talking to Jeremy Forcum back last fall! I just wanted to make the right decision and make sure I could have CTMX continue to grow and be one of the best motocross facilities in the Midwest! Jeremy Forcum has done a outstanding job of making the Chillicothe fairgrounds in to great mx facilitie that hundreds of families and riders look forward to coming to every year! My plan is to take over and carry the tradition and build on what is already established! I believe with our crew we can keep things rolling smoothly and give you a place you all will want to come back to year after year! I wanted to get the paperwork done in time to have the Halloween race on October 19/20 and it was final today so everything is in place to run it! I will get a schedule for the event early this week so everyone can see what’s going on and plan for the big show! Again thanks to Jeremy for picking myself to continue this event and the Ross County fairgrounds for letting me take over and use their facilities! Also this is one more step to continuing to build mx back in southern Ohio! Thanks everyone for your support and look forward to racing at chillitown mx!

John250

PR Founding Father
Scott and his crew had over 400 there on Saturday for practice, and 4 wheeler racing. 525 entries on Sunday. Made some minor track changes that were for the better.

They only had had a couple weeks to promote the race, so that was a great turnout for short notice.

Scott told me a couple weeks ago that he is planning to make track changes for 2020. I look for it to be good.

Now to get the CTMX race to be dual sanctioned with OMA and Buckeye Series, part of the Battle Series, to Make Motocross Great Again.

jj584

PR Addict
We went. The pits are nice but the track isn’t on our radar for our top choice. As much as we are tired of going to Malvern all the time we probably should’ve gone there.

663dad

PR Addict
We went. The pits are nice but the track isn’t on our radar for our top choice. As much as we are tired of going to Malvern all the time we probably should’ve gone there.
Scott less than a week to get equipment to the track, widen the track, make some small changes. Everyone who came up to us said they liked the track and changes made . Riders also mentioned you could now make passes on the track where they couldnt in the past.The track was ripped deep and watered well, Scott and the crew was done by 5:30 after getting a late start. Next year will be a new track with a ton of changes, also with much needed add of some new dirt and nutrients to the soil.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Results for the triple crown were posted on the Buckeye Series FB page. CTMX is listed on there as round 3.

Scott will make improvements in the track, I can guarantee you that. Just the small changes made this week made it more raceable. I bet you see the best CTMX track you've seen. He will widen parts of the track, and my guess be adding something to the soil.

663dad

PR Addict
Scott and his crew had over 400 there on Saturday for practice, and 4 wheeler racing. 525 entries on Sunday. Made some minor track changes that were for the better.

They only had had a couple weeks to promote the race, so that was a great turnout for short notice.

Scott told me a couple weeks ago that he is planning to make track changes for 2020. I look for it to be good.

Now to get the CTMX race to be dual sanctioned with OMA and Buckeye Series, part of the Battle Series, to Make Motocross Great Again.
630 with the Saturday included, not counting the 40 pitbikes that raced

RobinsonRacing

PR Addict
EastChilliForkTown was a HUGE success! Scott P and crew deserve a lot of credit for keeping southern Ohio Mx relevant. Personally I’m 50/50 on the track changes that were made in the short amount of time(can only do so much, I know). I enjoyed the finish and start sweepers avoiding the previous switchbacks. I wasn’t a huge fan of how tight the ‘S’ turns were on top of the hill, but it was meant to slow the track down and did just that. The split lane was a great idea for passing, although the outside/inside was by far the fastest way around. It will be VERY interesting to see what’s done to that place for 2020.

Big turnout and still done by 5:30pm and the prep was good throughout the entire day! Can’t wait for 2020. Again, kudos to Scott P, Rick Landis, and crew! Hopefully see everyone at the last round of the Buckeye Series at Buckeye Hills Nov. 2-3!
8F568B76-7D96-44D1-8AB5-8603E5A2D127.jpeg

hershey

PR Elite
I can see CTMX being part of the battle, but doubt they will join the OMA. I am totally ok if they do, but just dont see it.

Why? The southern Ohio series usually ends up running every race at East fork or canceling. Nothing there for BC or any OMA track to join. Lmao