Prayers for Micky Diamond

John250

PR Founding Father
A girl I know from Columbus has lived in California for a while and dates Micky Diamond. He was in a serious cycling accident and she is asking for prayers for him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009-230430_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191009-230430_Facebook.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 624

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Maybe a Nuero hit. Always creeps me out how small the Helmets are for cycling. Leaves a lot of options to mangle yourself.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
It’s Dymond. But he’s my FB bud. I saw it on there too. From what his GF posted, his injuries are serious, but he should make a full recovery. Bicycles are more dangerous than motorcycles in my mind due to the minimal stability. I guess it depends how you’re riding the motorcycle- Joe Rice style? Anyway, I always loved Micky, and I hope he comes through OK. -L*64

mshafer62

PR Addict
From the Road 2 recovery FB page...

On 10/09/19 @mickydymond sustained a traumatic brain injury when he crashed on his bicycle during a training ride in Orange County, California. #R2R has set up a fund to support him in his recovery. Please go to the link to donate & full details on his recovery and injuries.

https://road2recovery.com/cause-view/micky-dymond/

Even though Dymond was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, he still sustained extensive head trauma that caused subdural brain contusions and subarachnoid hemorrhaging that rendered Micky unconscious for nearly fifteen minutes at the seen of the accident. He came to briefly, only to go back to being unconscious upon arrival at the ICU. He woke up five days later. After spending the first week unconscious in ICU, and another week in a neuro trauma unit, Dymond is on the next steps of his road to recovery.

Unfortunately, Dymond does not have medical insurance and is expected to have insurmountable medical expenses. Therapy, coupled with a two week stay in the hospital, and the fact that Dymond won’t be able to work for months to come, all add up to a long and expensive recovery for Micky and his family. If you are able to support him, please make a tax-deductible donation to his cause. #HelpUsHelpOthers #MickyDymond

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Subarachnoid hemorrhage are bad. They’re out. Then they’re conscious and seem ok and then bam out again. Lucky he isn’t dead. Those kill. I’ve seen it.

That Nuero icu Bill along with the surgeries will be 2 million plus. Easy.

If people don’t buy health insurance.....Atleast buy a catastrophic health insurance policy with a $10,000 deductible that would cover this. 10 grand doesn’t hurt like 2 million.

John250

PR Founding Father
Why in the hell did Mickey not have medical insurance? It damn sure not because he could not afford it!!! Stupid.