MEC Thoughts???

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I stayed up and watched it from beginning to end. I thought it was pretty entertaining to compared what else I could watch. I know all the top guys weren't there but man it was racing, and went down to the wire. I know those two guys didn't go to MXON but they gave it all they had. Tomac couldn't catch AC in the last race. I don't think you could have scripted that any better. The two Smart top riders did great. At one point there were Honda's in 1 through 4th. When was the last time you saw that. Then there was Gajser, man that dude was on it and had good starts and finished without killing himself this time. All in all it was exciting and fun to watch. Even the supposrt classes were fun. That Lawrence kid is funny and a great rider. Just what the sport needs. The Ferry kid is the future, maybe ,seems like a good kid. Thumbs up.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I like the green numberplates. Made me want a kaw lol.

I think we're about to see the real Adam era. That bike fits him and his style well.

jj584

PR Addict
It was good to see Malcolm running up front. I fell asleep and didn't finish it but even knowing who wins ill go watch it tonight.

spacecat

PR Member
I enjoyed it. Having 3 riders tied going into the final cup class moto was exciting too. It might be my BMX background but the triple crown format is really starting to grow on me. I understand why the riders wouldn't like doing 3 gate drops but for the fan, I think its fantastic.

Ferry was fast but looked a little big for the super-mini. Reminded me of when I ride the wifes CRF150rb.

Lawrence was smooth. It kind of bothers me though that he raced the Nationals but is still classified amateur. I know SX is a different animal but the lines starting to get a little blurred.

four26stroker

PR Member
Ferry’s last time on the 85cc, remember Travis P on his last year...tall kid. Good news for Husky fans signing him up and getting the #1plate on your 2020 85cc bike.
Honda PowerHouse? Chad Reed anyone? Honda has some talented riders this year sporting their machines. What about lone wolf Suzuki rider KYLE C with a strong showing( like to see that guy get some more support, his a gamer).

Last edited:

mshafer62

PR Addict
The field was far from stacked, but...

Vince Friese's starts were on point
Malcolm Stewart, great to see him back on the bike and riding so well
Angry Eli, Sure hope his face doesn't freeze like that
Eli 2, I can't remember him ever getting up so fast after a crash!
Adam C, looking forward to seeing where his career goes
Aaron P looked like his motivation tank is on empty
Hated to see Wilson and Tixier go down hard in practice
Very cool that Gajser made the effort to come over. Much better than his first attempt

Jett Law looked like he was just out there playing + so smooth

weaver658

PR Member
Even though the monster cup isn’t a full blown supercross track (no whoops) and the start is 75% of the race, no way shape or form should Tim Gajser be getting 5th in this field.

Rogers365

PR Addict
I enjoyed it. Having 3 riders tied going into the final cup class moto was exciting too. It might be my BMX background but the triple crown format is really starting to grow on me. I understand why the riders wouldn't like doing 3 gate drops but for the fan, I think its fantastic.

Ferry was fast but looked a little big for the super-mini. Reminded me of when I ride the wifes CRF150rb.

Lawrence was smooth. It kind of bothers me though that he raced the Nationals but is still classified amateur. I know SX is a different animal but the lines starting to get a little blurred.

He didn’t. That was his older brother.

DC817

PR Addict
Papi got 3rd overall in the futures class. Cool to see that! He looked fast and smooth out there.

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree. I am liking the 3 main triple crown format. It really makes it interesting as a fan. I think AC is going to have some confidence going into SX. Hated to see Aaron go down again. Hope he gets it rolling in SX this year.

The3rd main was an awesome race. I also liked watching the 85s and futures events. I would rather see one premier class in Supercross that is stacked each week, and some weeks guys don't make it, and a futures race than the current set up.