USA Flat Track

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone else see what USA Flat track is doing with the premier 750 class? Only factory sponsored riders will be eligible to race the class. Sounds crazy as hell to me. In my younger days, there were a lot of great riders in the 750 Expert class that were not factory riders. It is basically going to eliminate the need for heat races and everyone will be in the main event. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

My point is though, if they do it in flat track, what's the chance that Feld does not try to do something like this with Supercross?

Alex186

PR Member
I’ve been to a couple flat track Pro events. I get it. Those twins are crazy and you can easily tell the difference in the factory teams and the guys that shouldn’t be there or on the track with the Jared Mees of the world. My guess they want to keep them in the singles class that’s slower and cheaper.

Feld would never do that. Completely different organizations and racing types/challenges.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
One Day all racing will be like formula 1 and nascar.

Id imagine factory guys are whizzing by nonfactory. Safety issues?

How many factory riders are there ? How many racers do you field in this class?

John250

PR Founding Father
I've been to a lot of flat track races. The privateers compete with the factory guys, and they can compete without an issue in the expert class. Indian is killing everyone now. Has zero to do with safety, and everything to do with TV.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So how do you “earn” one of these factory rides if you don’t get to complete for it? Oh, the same way NASCAR does it, your born into it. Nepotism is not a good long term plan.

Michael

PR Addict
Motorsports as a whole have been favoring money for longer than most, if not everyone, on this site has been alive. They're not going anywhere just because people with money can buy a quality seat.